TWENTY EIGHT

ASHLEY

'You don't look so well' Shawn tells me as we enter our home, putting a hand on my right shoulder.

'You're right. My head is pounding. But most importantly, I'm starving like a cannibal.' I tell him casually.

'What? You haven't had anything for the whole day?' he gets more curious and almost gives me a death stare.

'You're right, brother. Just an apple and a glass of cider. I was too occupied.' I still sound normal and casual as if it's not a problem at all. However, I feel like I'm going to collapse any minute.

'Well that doesn't mean you're gonna starve yourself for a whole fucking day!' he shouts but not loudly.

'He's right, Ash.' Mary hops into our conversation out of nowhere but I'm utterly delighted to see her.

'I made dinner. Let's go and fill you up.' She winks and I get a feeling she's made my favorite pasta. Oh wow, I am already drooling. I keep my bags on the couch and run to the dining area. The aroma of the food is just unbelievably  alluring.

-
I ate so much that my stomach gets bloated. What the hell. My headache got worse but since I ignored it, it didn't affect me much. Now, it's just eating me alive.

'Here. Take these before drifting off to your dreams.' Mary says as we stand by the staircase, smirking, handing me some pills. Paracetamol.

'Thanks. For this and also that pasta. I'm well fed.' I laugh a little too much. I feel like a drunk person but I haven't had alcohol. 

'Ashley, freshen up quickly and go to bed. You seriously don't look good. Are you sure you want to go tomorrow?' She asks.

'Hell yeah! I don't care if I'm sick. I'm still going. Goodnight!' I tell her before climbing up the staircase. I've rescued myself from tripping multiple times because my legs are shaky and soar. I reach my room and change quickly into my sleeping outfit. My body is too weak to do anything else. Therefore, I take two paracetamol tablets and cover myself with the duvet. It doesn't take long before I completely doze off to sleep.

-

-

Next day, around 10:00am

'Bye Sis! And don't starve yourself today. I'm serious.' Shawn reminds me with a very low tone as I get out of the car. I simply nod at him, not taking it as seriously. Work comes first, for me.

The shooting area is different today, since I was informed that yesterday's shoot was perfect enough and it wasn't necessary for redo. Well, that's a really good thing since it saves valuable time. However, today, the scenes will be filmed.....near a beach? I still don't really understand the video's concept, maybe that's why.

Emily asked me to set up the cameras like yesterday, and I happily and willingly do it. But I was caught off guard by Harry soon after, when he appears out of nowhere.

'Shit, you scared me!' I blurt.

'Wasn't intentional. I just want to hang out for a while' his tone is carefree.

'You look eccentric. Any news?' I ask him while smirking a bit.

'Yeah! This music video shooting will be over by next week.'