THIRTY FIVE

HARRY

'Emily really did all that?' Ashley asks, as we are sitting down by the swimming pool. We decide  to isolate ourselves from people. I tell her everything that happened for the past three days. 

'Yeah. I am not shocked, to be honest. She was a cloud which rises above the horizon. I am glad she's gone..' I tell her. She comes a bit closer, filling the few centimeters of space that we kept. 

'I am kinda cold..' She trembles and shivers. Winter is apparently lasting longer than it should be.

"Come here then" I open my arms for her and she gets in, her head resting on my chest. 

'How did you live, without me, for three days?' She smirks and looks up at me, as I form a cheeky smile. 

'I couldn't. I was dying inside.' I tell and rub her shoulders.

"What a bummer....how are you gonna handle it when we are far away from each other for a good amount of time?' she mocks me and I shake my head.

'That situation won't arise in the first place.' I tell her. She gets up and cups my cheek, moving a strand of my long hair.

'Quit talking about me. What about you, miss? How did you live without me?' I ask her back, taking her hand from my cheek and intertwining it with mine.  

'Boy, if only you saw me...you would forget that you were obliged.I was so emoooo, like??? I literally drank so much tonight as if the world is going to end in seconds. And then I threw up on a freaking bush,  all because of you and your obligations, Mr Styles...' she says firmly and softly pinches my neck. I can't help but chortle at her response.

'Awww how adorable...' I say and bend my neck a bit to kiss her temple, but Ashley moves it away to tease me of course.

'This ain't funny..' she whines and sits in an upright position now, letting go of my hand. Her stare remains fixed on me.

'No, I am just glad that our love isn't one-sided.' I tell her and a smile starts forming slowly on her face. She nuzzles against my neck adorably, causing me to chortle again. 

'Can we go back to my place? I'm so knackered...' she muffles and looks up at me again. I rub her face gently, moving all the strands of hair that was covering it up.

'Let's go then...' I raise myself up and offer my hand to help her get up. She doesn't let them go, though, and holds it until we hop in to my black Maserati. 

-

We exchanged amazing conversations while on our way back to Shawn's apartment. I get to learn a lot about her now, more than before. I can't quite comprehend the fact that she's technically my girlfriend now. Little did I know this would've been possible four months ago. I pullover near the back gate because Ashley wanted me too, for some reason. I turn off the headlights and stop the ignition.  At that very second, her phone begins to ring. She takes it out of her bag and looks at the name, getting slightly worried. She answers it though.

'Hey brother...' she says casually as she talks to Shawn.  She mutters a few "yeahs" and "no's", before getting into the actual topic.

'Oh you're not coming home today? Why not?' she asks, looking concerned. It automatically gets transferred to me, as I look at her intently.

"Oh, okay then. It's fine, Shawn. Yeah don't worry about me. Yeah I am at home...some kind person offered to drop me off so no biggie...' she looks at me and winks, causing me to giggle under my breath.

"Yeah, goodbye, love you...' she says and hangs up. 

'What happened?' I ask out of mere curiosity.