Street fight

The new place was humongous. There were miles of aligned houses down a dusty road. Some had broken windows; others barely hanging from the last stud, not completely rusted by humidity and time, banging on the old facade of the house when a strong wind would come to sweep the smell of death that is constantly installing itself back over the smell of the rotten wooden floor of some houses. Some are also broken down as the vermin and insects ate up the houses' spoiled skeleton. Those that are still okay inhabit the people of this community.

There is also, in the complete back of the fenced territory, a massive white building surrounded by the not-taken-care-of yellow grass and dirt spots. This building seemed old a vines were already growing up on the outside walls of it.

Besides the houses, there is a lovely garden where they grow tomatoes and zucchini for the group. There is up to two or three persons that are taking care of it. Others are relaxing and living normally, without getting out of the fence. But there is the group of people, mostly men, that are bulked up by this weird handmade armor, wearing weapons and guarding the gates.

One step out of the house that was used as a clinic for the village, Jimin took Charlie's hand with a soft smile. The girl looked at him, delicacy in his eyes, before his smile slowly became sad, keeping secrets.

Jimin guided the girl around the place, showing her where things were, telling her the new rules of their lives there and Charlie was nodding silently to the muffled words incomprehensible under the constant high pitch whistle in her head. The girl was not having all of her senses since she lost a lot of blood and was terribly dehydrated and hungry. The young man by her side was being extremely supportive and always kept an eye on her in case something bad would happen.

As they were walking down the street, some screams and cheers started to face in as the two friends approached a wrestling room delimited by some fence. A crowd of people with strong reactions was gathered around, watching the show given by a skinny scared guy and a zombie.

Jimin looked down at Charlie when she seemed pretty interested in what was going on over there. He pulled her arm closer to his side and joined the crowd to observe.

"You think you are tough, huh?" A man outside the fence yelled at the guy inside, with a growling voice, extremely intimidating. The skinny guy couldn't answer as the fear stole his words. He dodged the sharp claws of the monster trapped with him, but felt on the ground of small rocks, due to the lack of energy. Clearly, this guy was being starved to death by all these people surrounding Charlie and Jimin.

Suddenly, the men in front of them bursted in joy, jumping and blocking Charlie's view. The girl tend to stand on her toes while getting a good grip on Jimin's arm, but she was still too small to see why they were so excited. She had a small idea since she could definitely hear the scream of the skinny guy out of all the others.

Jimin noticed Charlie's intention and freed his arm to wrap it around the girl's shoulders. He squeezed her tightly against his side and passed through the crowd to reach the fence where the blood and guts of the skinny guy were being splattered everywhere while the zombie was diving its hands vigorously into the body, still alive, almost, and eating roughly the juicy red chunky meat. Now, Charlie could perfectly see it.

The man was still alive, shaking his legs and arms while being eaten. He was watching the young girl standing in front of him with wide eyes, disgustingly decorated of red blood vessels swimming in the white ocean.

Then he screamed his pain out before grabbing the zombie by its head, which was bald and almost melted on the skull. Its nose was ripped off, exposing the bone, as well as the bottom lip, showing the bloody gum and yellow teeth hungry for flesh. The skinny guy, unbelievably still breathing, was trying to break the zombie's head, but with no strength, his hand slipped and gripped onto the mouth of the monster. In a quick moment, his fingers were being chewed like dogs treats.