(2) Bobby: Miscommunication

"I'm sorry, honey."

No matter how many times he would say sorry, your memory can't erase how you saw them enjoying the company of each other, tasting each other's lips as if it was heaven, making sloppy sounds as if they were hungry for each other.

"I swear I was... ugh, I don't even know what's happening."

The longer you stare at him in silence, the more he makes up different kinds of lame excuses. You listened carefully to each of them and knew how much of a liar he was. You heaved a deep sigh and the tears that was threatening to fall, finally gave up.

"Let's end this." you said with strong finality in your voice. He tries to stop you again but you have already turned your back at him, silently crying and weeping on your way to someone who was special to you.

•••

"Oh! W-why are you..?" Bobby exclaims as he sees you in front of his studio, torturing the doorbell with tears all over your face.

You ignore him and welcomed yourself inside as if you are someone who lives there. Somehow you can be considered though because you always stayed by your best friend's place.

Bobby watches you silently in shock and confusion, wondering what the hell were you crying hard for. You then plops yourself in his couch and suddenly wailed as if there's no tomorrow.

Bobby motions closer to you, sitting on the couch while you lay down burying your face on the couch. He messes your hair and asks, "Yahh...why are you crying?"

You wailed even more and answers with a cracked voice, "H...He.... che-at..ed..."

"He? Cheated? That bastard? Aish! I knew he was no good, I told you from the start." Bobby stated, feeling furious.

Jumin, the campus heartthrob, has been your boyfriend for a year and today, was the day you caught him cheating, kissing with another girl. It felt so surreal that you already had the heartthrob fall in love with you. You have been falling in love with him every single day but it seems like Jumin have been the opposite all this time, he loses his interest on your every single day.

You wailed even more as the memory kept repeating itself in your head.

Bobby then lies down beside you in the couch as he squish himself next to you. "It's time to forget the bastard. He's not even worth crying for."

You stop crying for a moment and speak, "But I loved him so much.. how could he do this to me?"

"Look at me."

You ignore his first call, not wanting him to see your all-drenched-in-tears face. Bobby have seen you cry but for you, out of all the reasons of your breakdowns, this is the lamest and that's why you feel ashamed if you let him see your face.

"Yah (Y/N). I said look at me." his voice was a bit stern this time.

You slowly peek at him, making your eyes meet with him. He smiles at you and say, "You don't want me to see you?"

You nodded your head and Bobby gets what you were implying. He chuckles, "how about some ice cream?"

Your face lit up at his suggestion. Some ice cream won't hurt, wouldn't it?

You raise your head and stare at him. He messes with your head like a dog and stands up, "Tidy up. People might think I made you cry."

You shake your head and wipe your tears. You approach the mirror and realized you looked pathetic. Hair's a big mess, too.

•••

The both of you walk silently in the dark streets. Only sounds of the nature and footsteps were heard. Bobby then suddenly wraps you in his arms, making your heart, weirdly, skip a beat.

"Tell that asshole to face me. He should receive a good beating." Bobby said with a raspy voice which made him sound... sexy, you thought.

There was always something with Bobby that disturbed you. Every time he becomes clingy, or when his chivalry appears, it makes your heart flutter and every time it does, you always had to mentally calm and convince yourself that he's just a best friend and should be nothing more. Besides, you already got Jumin, what else should you want now that you have your crush as your boyfriend?

"Nah, he deserve it but I rather not bring him to you." you said with your eyes fixated on the road.

He looks at you, "Why?"

"He might not be able to withstand you." Bobby cracks up a cocky smile and squeezes you even closer to him.

Not so long, the both of you reach the park where the ice cream shops are. You approach one and started to order.

"2 cones of chocolate."

The vendor nods. He starts scooping the ice creams and hands it to the both of you. Bobby pays for it all as you silently munch and enjoy your chocolate ice cream together with him.

Bobby drags you to one of the park benches. The both of you sits down close to each other and enjoy the ice cream with the mesmerizing view of the night sky, stars shining at their own place.

"You deserve to smile, okay?" Bobby says.

You plaster a little bitter smile, "I really do."

Bobby nods his head and looks at you. His orbs were shouting something. Something that meant as if you are some kind of a jewel that he was lucky to have.

You look at him and your eyes met his. You squint your eyes at him and say, "This is why you still have no girlfriend. They might think that I'm yours."

Bobby's eyes crinkles as he laughs. Ah, that attracting eye smile that could kill hundres, or even tons, of girls.

"You're mine, don't I? That's why they're doing the right thing, keeping a distance." he keeps his eye smile, saying his words as if it's the most natural thing ever.

You sigh mentally, thinking that he could be the most clueless person ever. Doesn't he know that it makes you crazy inside? Doesn't he know that it makes your heart flatter so much?

"Okay, maybe I should just say yes." you roll your eyes playfully and he laughs once more as he leans on your shoulder while enjoying the company of each other, the cold and relaxing breeze, the attracting view of the night sky, the ice creams and the feeling of being this close.

However, little did you know he meant those things. He wasn't the clueless man you think he is. He just acts like it but he meant what he said. It's just that he was afraid to lose you while trying to have you.

Miscommunication could really lead to complications. One can't know what the other one thinks without talking about it. In your case, one secretly loves the other one but that other one doesn't even get what the one feels, or meant because the one doesn't even talk about it.