4~ Just a Smoothie?

It was quiet at work today. I worked at the smoothie shop in the mini mall a few blocks away from my house. Today I had shift from 1pm until 6pm, when we closed. I worked with Eleanor, Louis’ girlfriend today, well at least until 2pm when she got off. We were just talking while cleaning some of the blenders since we had no customers at the moment. “So, did you have fun at the party a few days ago?” Eleanor asked me.

“Yeah.” I replied, “Did you?” 

“Of course. Louis’ parties are normally pretty fun.” She said handing me a blender that she just washed, to dry.

“That’s true.” I took the blender and started to dry it.

“So, did you have fun walking home with Niall? He seemed pretty eager to walk with you.” She smirked.

“Yeah.” I said quietly.

“Just yeah? You’re not gonna tell me any details?” She pried.

“Well it was just a walk home.” I said like it was nothing.

“Just a walk home with the new boy, who happens to pretty good looking.” She teased looking for more.

“Ok… Something happened but you gotta promise not to tell anyone ‘cause it happened really awkwardly.” I said hoping I could trust her. I told her secrets before because we were really good friends but she normally told Louis expecting he already knew. Which sometimes he didn’t.

“Alright. I promise. Know tell me what happened!” She said intrigued.

“Well… He kissed me! But it was really quick and awkward because he rushed off really quick after saying sorry and that he had to go.” I told her and her eyes widened. 

“He just kissed you and left?” She asked.

“Yeah. I don’t know what I did to make him leave so fast.” I said putting the blender down, which was plenty dry by now.

We kept talking for a bit while working, the subject changed and we were now talking about something else, when Niall walked in the little shop. Eleanor immediately turned around smiling at me stepping away from the cash register making it look like she had something else to do so I could take his order. So I stepped towards the cash register with a smile and said, “Hello. What can I get you today?” He noticed it was me and looked a bit nervous, even blushed a bit.

“Hey. I’ll just have a medium berry blast smoothie please.” He said very casually.

“Alright.” I said as I told him the price, “It’ll be ready in just a few a minutes.” He handed me his money and our hands brushed up against each others for a moment. I gave him his change and went to make the smoothie. Another customer entered the store, “I’ll be with you in a minute.” I said smiling as I looked up to find Louis. “Hey Louis!” I said while pouring Niall’s smoothie into a medium sized cup.

“Hey Livy!” He said and then noticed Niall was there too, “Oh. Hey Niall I didn’t see you there.” He smiled waving.

“Hey Louis.” Niall said quietly with a nod. He looked kind of awkward or nervous again. It was really weird. Anyways, I got a straw and stuck it through the lid and handed the drink to Niall. Then turned my attention to Louis.

“Can I get you anything or are you just waiting for Eleanor?” I asked him.

“Just El.” He said smiling as Eleanor walked out from the back and laced her arm around him. He kissed her on the cheek wrapping his arm around her too. “See ya later!” They said as they left. Niall was still standing there and he looked really confused. 

“Can I get you anything else?” I asked him, to break the silence.

“No, I’m good.” He said lifting his cup up in his hand.

“So what are you doing at the mall today?” I asked since we were alone and there was nothing else to do behind the counter except wait for a customer now.

“Nothing really. Just picking some stuff up for the new house for me dad. And a smoothie of course.” He joked.

“Nice” I said nodding. 

“Well I guess I should go.” He said making his way to the door.

“Alright.. See ya later.” I smiled and waved.

“Bye.” He said holding his hand out as he exited. I couldn’t help but wonder if just a smoothie was really all he wanted. Plus I still didn’t have his number. Too bad he wasn’t the one behind the counter, then he could have written his number on my cup. I mean I could have done that too but it’d be weird since he already has it.

***

The next morning I was awoken at 11am by my phone ringing. The caller ID said it was Louis, so I picked up. “Hey Louis.” I said with a bit of a yawn.

“Woah. Livy did I just wake you up?” He said cheerfully.

“Yes.” I said pretending to sound annoyed.

“Well that’s too bad.” He said mocking me.

“What do you want then?” I asked.

“Well yesterday Eleanor told me what happened with Niall when he was walking you home from my party.” He said and I could tell by the sound his voice that he was smirking. Of course she told him. She tells him everything. She probably thought I had already told him. Which I hadn’t…

“Yes. And?” I said like it was nothing.

“Well? Do you like him?” He asked needing to know everything.

“Maybe a little..” I said blushing but he obviously couldn’t see that.

“Oooh!” He said.

“Louis stop!” I said laughing.

“What?” He teased.

“Uh. You know.” I said falling back down on my bed.

“Whatever.” He said. “So did you at least like the kiss?” He asked waiting for an answer. I hesitated.

“Umm… I…” I didn’t know what to say. I got all nervous when I ever I saw or was talking about Niall. I think I liked him… I definitely liked the kiss. Why was Louis so nosy?

“So I’ll take that as a yes then?” Louis said with a smirk in his voice again.

“Fine.” I said not wanting to actually admit it. “But he just left right after and said sorry. Sorry for what? I didn’t get mad at him or anything..” I said still confused about the situation.

“Well I wouldn’t worry to much about it. I mean he blushes a lot around you. And you guys had fun when we all played FIFA together. And he looked like he was enjoying your company at my party.” Louis told me, also it seemed so valid. But still didn’t explain why he was so nervous in the smoothie shop when Louis came in to pick Eleanor up while he was there the other day…