Chapter 4 : Being His Wife Means...

Yui was holding a cup of coffee that she just brewed from the pantry. She arrived at her work table, sat down, and leisurely took a sip from the glass when she overhead her co-workers conversation. There seemed to be a fuss about something.

"Hey, do you know who brought that new Audi car? It's so badass!" a man said.

"Yes, I know, I know. It's the latest model this year. The color is silver, right?!" Another man replied.

"I'm really curious about the owner. Do you think it's one of our Director?" a woman's voice heard.

Yui rolled eyes mentally, "It's me..."

"That car is no joking. That must be expensive." the first man said. "The owner must be very rich..."

"Ah.. I really want one for myself." the woman sighed.

"I can't imagine what they will say if they found out it's me..." She prayed in her heart that they would never find out.

"Kamiya-chan! You're early..." Sawagi tapped her shoulder and sat beside her, smiling widely.

"What's this uproar about Audi car?" Sawagi turned her head to the other co-workers who were still gossiping next to them.

"Should I stop driving that car to work start tomorrow? But Ichi-kun would complaint again about it..." Yui was anxious, she gulped her coffee quickly to somehow ease her nervousness.

"Kamiya-san." Shota suddenly was already in front of her, looking at her with serious face, "Can we talk in private for a second?"

Yui was startled by his sudden appearance but she nodded, "Sure..."

She stood up and followed him to a corner where nobody could see them and hear what they would talk about.

"I know it's too late now but I just want to clarify something to you, Yui-san." Shota started the conversation. Yui was surprised by the way he called her name. He used her first name, Yui, instead of Kamiya. That way the way he called her before when they were close.

He looked weary and nervous, hesitated a bit before finally saying, "I've been feeling awful since I knew you were married."

Yui just looked back at him without saying anything.

"That time, when we were close... Actually I really liked you... But I was stupid not to let you know until you finally pulled yourself away from me." Shota continued, his voice was calm but a regret shown from his eyes.

"I... I was thinking I got the wrong idea about your feeling to me.. First I thought our feeling were mutual.. But then I thought I was wrong.. That's why I backed off... I didn't know that Shota-san was also..." Yui finally said something.

"Yeah, the one who made a mistake was me... I liked you, but I was unsure about my own feeling, I hesitate a lot and it hurt you, and now I wanna say I'm sorry." He touched her shoulder gently.

"Well, okay. It's already in the past now, Shota-san..." Yui smiled. "Besides, I'm married..."

"Yui-san..." Shota looked straight to her eyes. "Do you mind telling me the reason why you suddenly got married?"

Yui's eyes widened, "Wh.. Why?"

"Because I thought it's strange..." Shota grabbed her both shoulder now. "Do you really love your husband?"

"Love?!?" Yui squeaked inside her head. "Me? Love Ichi-kun?! That jerk idiot otaku?!"

Ichi's face flashed in her mind, and she didn't know the reason why but her heart was throbbing and she was blushing.