23) Love Is Just A Bitter Word For Pain...

~Kisa's Pov~

I feel warm. I'm probably laying in a pool of blood. Or I'm in my casket and they are lowering me in the ground.

My mom and dad are probably crying like crazy now that they lost their only child.

"Don't cry baby."

Mom?

I feel something brush against my forehead and I just know that it was a rat ready to eat my flesh.

"Kisa...sweetie. Wake up..."

Dad?

That's it I'm hallucinating and I'm only thinking that my parents are near me. I guess all I can do is humor myself and just live in this moment.

I feel my eyes open and all I see is white at first. As my vision clears I see my parents looking at me.

"I'm dead. And yet you two look like you had a big fight with death."

My mom had started to cry and kiss me all over my face. "Oh sweetie I thought we had lost you."

Dad had hugged me and I gasp and wince. "I'm so sorry." Dad says as he lets me go gently.

I can't be dead then, I mean you can't feel pain if you're dead. Right?

"Well if it isn't the birthday girl. I'm sorry you had celebrate this way, but on the plus side all you have is a bruised back."

I look over and see a doctor with a clip board.

"What happened?" I ask as my dad kisses my forehead. "That's what I'd like to know. You're parents said they heard a big thump and luckily for you they had got up to investigate. They found you at the bottom of the stairs. Which I have to say, you must have a guardian angel looking out for you, because the way your mother described the stairs, you should have broken your neck at first impact."

That's right that scary girl was at the top of the stairs and she tried to kill me.

"The good thing is with a little bit of pain killers you can go home tomorrow morning."

"She won't be all doped up on the pain killers will she?" Mom asked.

"She's only getting a very small dose so she will feel a bit sleepy." The doctors answers.

"Do you want anything to eat Kissy bear? You've been out for a few hours."

My dad tells me as he strokes my hair back.

"I'm fine. Can I have some apple juice thought?"

"Yes, your mother will be with you okay?" I nod and dad leaves out as the doctor comes over and shines a light in my eyes.

"Your eye color is a bit discolored."

"Her eyes have ways been that way, Dr. Xavier." Mom comments.

He nods and writes something down in his notepad. "I'll leave you two alone for a bit. But I'll be back to check your back okay, Kisa?"

"Sure thing Doc." He walks out and I hear a sob from my mom.

"Hey, mom it's okay. I'm okay, look." I sit up and wince a bit but also reach for her.

"Kisa, lay back down. I honestly thought that you were dead at the bottom of the stairs. I don't even think your party is going to happen tomorrow."

"Mom, we can't let this stand in the way of celebrating my eighteen years of life. Please don't cancel. I'll behave, I'll make sure I don't get hurt. I'll even make sure I do all my homework on time."