Sudden Turn

(This is going to be in a series of flashbacks ;) )

GRAYSON'S POV

*4 years ago*

I watch Liza as she gathers up her books at the end of class. Her bright red hair flows down her back and she pushes her glasses back up her nose. I hate that I can't look away from her. She leaves and I follow behind her without her noticing me. She walks into the counselor's office, and sits down waiting for her turn. I walk in the office and scoff at her as I sat down next to her. She rolled her eyes at me and said, "You finally realized you needed help?" I look at her and say, "I have always known I needed help, but I just didn't give a fuck." The counselor came out and called Liza into her office. She flipped me off as she got up. I watch her go in the office and scooted closer to the office door, so I could hear what they were talking about. "Hey, Liza. What brings you in?" I heard her sigh and say, "I don't think it will be possible for me to stay in school, or even go to college." There was a small pause, " Why is that?" I could hear Liza sniffle and say, "My dad isn't getting any better, and my mother left us last week. She left my dad without any real money. He told me I might have to switch to public school, and I can't loose this too. This school is all I have anymore." My heart started to break and I don't understand why. I get up and walk over to the secretary and she smiled at me. "How can I help you, Sweetie?" I look at her and reply, "Do we offer scholarships for struggling students?" She looked at her computer and started typing some things in and said, "Usually, no. We try to make this school for just the elite. There is a small fund, but even that is twiddling down to nothing." In that moment, I knew what I had to do. 

*3 YEARS AGO*

I hold the drugs in my pocket and try to be quiet and unnoticeable. I have been doing this for a year now and I am getting better at it. I have a regular following of customers which helps. I pass the man and he hands me the cash while I give him the product. We don't say a word to each other, and we just keep on going the opposite direction as if nothing happened. I find the diner I usually go to get away from everything. I walk into the diner and sit in a booth alone. I look around and saw an extravagant girl sitting by herself. She must have felt my eyes, because she looked up and waved. She has small eyes and long brown hair. I could feel myself blush, but I quickly hide it and waved back. She waved for me to go sit with her. I smile and walk over. "Hey." I say as I stand by her table. "Hey, please sit down." I listen and she asks,  "What is your name?" I look at her and her eyes shine in the light coming in from the window, "I am Grayson, you?" She held out her hand, "Anya, nice to meet you."

*1 YEAR AGO*

Anya and I have been dating for 2 years now, and life has been great. Anya figured out about my drug selling, and she hooked me up with a job with her father. I am making more money than I have ever had before. Liza has been able to stay in school, and so has many other struggling students. 

*6 MONTHS AGO*

My following is decreasing and I can't seem to make any money. I look at Anya and ask, "Is there anyway you dad could give me another raise?" She looked at me, "He has given you many raises.  You are just going to have to figure it out." We walk into the safe house and she opens the safe with her pass code. We walk into the safe and she starts taking off her expensive necklace and puts it up. I look around and see her cash just readily available. I look at her and her back was turned, so I quickly pocket around 30,000 dollars. I turn back to her and she looks at me. "Are you ready, Babe?" I nod and we leave the safe. 

*A FEW DAYS LATER*

Anya: "I know you stole my money. You have until the end of the day to bring back every penny, otherwise I will tell my farther."

Grayson: "It doesn't even matter, because I quit."

***

I tell my siblings everything and they both yell at me. "What are we going to do?" Cam looked between Ethan and I and responded, "You are going to change your appearance." I nodded, "Easy." Ethan piped in and said, "You also have to leave Liza alone. Do you understand me? NO MORE MONEY FOR HER SCHOOLING." I look down and say, "Yeah, whatever." Even though I knew I couldn't keep that promise.

A/N: I hope you are liking this story! I love you all!

***PLEASE comment/vote/share*** I love seeing y'all's reactions and opinions to the story so far. -Krystal :)