Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Charity Ball Pt. 2

While dancing, Elijah and I talked about stuff. Mostly our hobbies, our likes and dislikes and our favorites in life. I just met him pero ang gaan na ng pakiramdam ko sa kaniya. Maybe because he's a good listener and he's really funny too. I learned that Elijah is Ethan's cousin. Halos lahat na lang ng makilala ko, kilala rin si Ethan. I never knew how famous Ethan is; six years ago I thought he was just the son of a rich family in the province at hindi ko rin alam na mayroon siyang Italian roots. Akala ko noon, kilalang-kilala ko na siya. Hindi pala. Everyone inside the charity event knew him and all of them praised him. 

"Can I ask you a question? Is your cousin a star or something? Bakit halos lahat na lang ata bilib na bilib sa kaniya?" Napatingin sa akin si Elijah at tila naguguluhan.

"So you mean, you don't know what he did?" Umiling ako sa kaniya.

"As everyone knows, my cousin is a self-made billionaire. When he reached the age of 21, he left his father's company to build his own empire. His father never trusted him and always discouraged him when Ethan was still in his early 20's. He got tired of his father's remarks about him. Kaya when he got the chance to leave, he left his father. And now, he's only 27 but has a very successful career in life." Nakita ko sa mata ni Elijah kung gaano siya ka-proud kay Ethan.

Medyo nagbago yung tingin ko kay Ethan lalo't nalaman ko kung gaano siya ka pursigido na tao. But that doesn't change the fact that I still don't like his guts. Elijah and I danced to a couple more music when somebody interrupted us. 

"Do you mind?" Ethan asked his cousin. 

"Sure."  Elijah removed his hands from my waist and Ethan immediately took his spot. 

Nilapit niya yung katawan niya sa akin while we were locking eyes to each other. His hands traveled from my back down to my waist. His fingers touching my spine giving me goosebumps. I felt his lips on the crook of neck, slightly leaving butterfly kisses. Why am I letting him do this? 

" What are you doing?" I asked almost a whisper. He then looked at me and his eyes traveled from my face down to my chest. Are you kidding me? 

"Are you aware that most of the men here are ogling you and your beautiful body?" He said while his eyes were looking at me intensely. I didn't know what to say, so I kept quiet. 

"Any man would be lucky to dance with you right now. But I don't want them to." Napatingin ako dito ng masama. The reason why I attended this ball is to socialize with other people, particularly men. Baka sakaling magkaroon na ng chance yung love life ko. Ethan then again touched my face all the way down to my neck. 

"Are you insane? I will dance to any guy I want to dance to." I told him. He laughed at me at itinuro niya yung neck ko. And I saw... a hickey!

"No man will ever dance to you because sweetheart, you have been marked by Ethan Grant." he winked at me and left me on the middle of the dance floor. 

To save myself from embarrassment, I quickly went to my table where my bodyguards are seating. The three of them looked at me and yes they noticed my hickey. Lumaki yung mata ni Isaac at tumawa naman si Diego. Si Colby naman naka smirk sa akin. Maybe Colby saw me with Ethan. Nakakahiya, naka-puti pa naman ako so litaw na litaw yung reddish mark na iniwan ni Ethan. Damn him. Bakit ko ba kasi hinayaan si Ethan? Ginusto mo rin naman. My brain is basically going nuts because first and foremost never in my 24 years of existence a man gave me a hickey on my skin. It felt so good and yet so bad because it came from Ethan. Ugh.  I took the champagne on the table and drank all of it. Malas naman na tong gabi na ito, might as well be drunk. 

"Ruby, hinay hinay na lang. Hindi naman ganun kahalata yung...." Hindi na natapos ni Isaac yung sasabihin niya dahil natawa na ito at sinabayan pa ito nina Diego at Colby. Right, go make fun of  me.

"Ha.ha.ha. very funny. Bahala kayo, wag kayong aalis diyan. I need some air." Umalis ako at dumiretso sa balcony ng venue. Hindi ko alam mararamdaman ko. I don't know why Ethan did this. Is this normal for him?  Sucking a girl's neck and leaving a hickey? 

Ninamnam ko yung lamig ng hangin dahil kailangan na kailangan ko talaga iyon. My heart was beating so fast because of our proximity awhile ago. Ayoko ng nararamdaman ko. It's not healthy.  Tuwing may waiter na dumadaan, kumukuha ako ng champagne. Naka-anim na baso na ako at hindi pa rin ako tinatamaan. Mataas kasi yung alcohol tolerance ko, hindi agad ako nalalasing. 

"I just left you for a couple of minutes, and you're drinking your ass off." Narinig kong nagsalita sa likod ko. Here we go again. I don't exactly know why, but Ethan's always there kahit saan may ako mapalingon. 

I just want to have a peaceful night without his lips and hands roaming around my body. Hindi ko siya nilingon at hindi rin pinansin. I keep on reminding myself that I hate this guy. I remind myself kung ano bang ginawa niya sa akin six years ago. I regretted being so vulnerable and weak when I expressed my feelings for him years ago, I now know to myself that I was just wasting my time on him. He was reckless and ruthless and the way treated me is unforgivable.  If I keep on being like this around him, letting him do anything he wants to do with me, I'm just gonna fall on the same trap I fell six years ago. And I don't want that to happen. I seriously don't want to go back to my old pathetic self. 

"Why are you doing this? You keep on ruining my day. Can't you just pick anyone to fool with? Just please, leave me alone." I said while still facing in front and him seeing my back. I heard him walking towards my back. He touched my shoulders and I quickly shrug it off. I finally faced him and he was looking confused because of my actions. 

"You can't just touch me and put hickey's on me. You can't just kiss my neck and caress my skin. You don't even know me and yet you're acting like we're close." I snapped at him. Was I mean to him? No, he deserves it. He glared at me and something in his eyes darken. Okay did I triggered the devil? He walked towards me and we're almost touching nose. He was so close I can feel his warm breath on my skin. 

"Yes, we're not close. But yet, you can't resist me. Your body is responding to my actions and you're not stopping me. Am I right, tesoro?"  The way he said that makes my body heat up. He's right. I can't resist his charms and I'm not stopping him. Well I'm gonna show him that I can.  

I put my hands on his chest and I pushed him gently. 

"You're wrong, I can resist your charms. But it seems like, you're the one who can't resist me. Am I right, sweetheart ."  I mocked him. He was shock of what I said. Serves you right. 

"You...." he can barely finish what he's trying to say. I walked closer to him. Nilapit ko yung bibig ko sa tenga niya. 

"Leave me alone, Ethan." I whispered to his ears and I gently blow air to his ear. Naglakad na ako paalis at nakita ko siyang nakatayo pa rin sa may balcony. Mukha siyang natuod sa ginawa ko. 

*************

What do you guys think?

Let me just say that I loooove feisty Ruby. 

A/N: I enjoyed writing this chapter. Did you guys enjoyed it too? Don't forget to vote and share! Love you!
- xx Atticus 🌸