Chapter 1

The five kung fu warriors reach the base of the stairs of the jade palace, scanning their surroundings for any signs that the thief had disturbed the village. Monkey and Mantis roam the markets, asking the vendors if they had seen or heard anything strange last night.

"It sounds like no one saw anything last night. So maybe he only stole from the Jade Palace." Reports Mantis.

"He?" asks Monkey.

Tigress zones out the rest of the conversation as she notices a twinkle coming from a bush just outside the village centre. She runs over and extracts a shining silver plate which she had seen hundreds of times in the palace.

"Over here!"

The rest of the five and Po run over to where she is and examine her find.

"So they went this way. Do we follow the path or wait for crane?" Asks Po.

"If we are on the right path then we'll meet him along the way. Which means we are searching for clues Po, not looking for a snack stand." Pokes Monkey.

They head out of the village and into the jungle, following the path they assume the thief would have taken. Tigress is still feeling conflicted. Of course she wants to get the artifacts back to the jade palace but what's really motivating her is her desire to meet this thief.

"Is everything okay tigress?" Viper comes to travel beside her with a concerned look on her face.

"Everything is fine except that we haven't found this honourless thief yet. Lets pick up the pace!" Tigress shouts, thankfully concealing all of her turbulent emotions.

The five kung fu warriors continue their journey at a slightly elevated pace with a confused Tigress at the head.