Deejay Got Me Falling In Love

The four friends all sat together near a window: it was Sunny's suggestion. Matt poked and prodded at his food-he was never really one to like greasy stuff. Couldn't have picked somewhere nicer, could you, dude? He thought.

But the main reason they were here was sitting right next to him.

"So!" Matt cleared his throat, "How's everybody doing?" He made an attempt to get at least one other person to talk.

Their table was the only silent one. Parappa was too busy gushing over Sunny to do or say anything, prompting Matt to kick him underneath the table. They exchanged glares.

"Well, I'm staying at my aunt's next week while my dad goes away for a business trip..." Sunny began, "what about you, Paula?"

"Oh, not a whole lot, really, " Paula sighed while playing with her fries. Matt huffed. What would it take?

"...but I was at Club Fun last Saturday...that DJ is really cute..."

Parappa snapped out of his lovestruck daze when he heard those words.

"Uh, what's this DJ look like?" He practically spat those words out.

"It was kinda dark, so I might not be correct, but...his skin was tanned, kinda like Sunny's, but a bit darker, he had auburn hair that was kinda messy...and I'm not entirely sure, but I think he had some freckles on his face..."

Parappa knew exactly who fit that description: all that was missing was the ability to sleep anywhere at anytime, almost like a cat. He motioned for Matt to lean in towards him.

"PJ works at Club Fun on weekends," Parappa whispers, "do you think maybe-"

"Paula?! No way!" Matt whispers back.

"I'm just saying, it's worth a shot..."

Parappa pokes his head out from the conversation.

"I happen to know who your talking about!" He stated.

"Wait. Really?!" Paula was estatic.

"Yeah!"

"Tell Me! Who is it?"

"...PJ. You know, PJ Berri? Kinda fat, will sleep through a hurricane, almost eats his own weight in everything?"

Paula's smile quickly grew into a frown.

"What? Nah, that can't possibly be right..."

"Well, he fits just about everything else he says!"

"Psh! It probably just looked like him."

"Paula. I'm serious."

Paula fell backwards in her chair.

"Way to go, Parappa," Matt quipped under his breath, "you broke her."