Chapter 9

I woke up the next morning to a light shaking by Anabella, trying to wake me up.

"Meghan, can I sleep with you," she said softly.

I looked around a minute and realized that it was still dark out and that I could still sleep.

"Yea, sure," I whispered opening my blanket up for her to join me, I immediately understood why she had come over to me. "You are really cold," I rapped her in my arms, as her frozen skin star. ted to almost sort of defrost.

She snuggled into me, and wrapped her arms around my waist. I wrapped one arm around her as we both fell back asleep.

I woke up finally with the sun shining in in me. I shielded my face as I sat up, Anabella was still asleep as I smoothly moved her to my side covering her up. I looked over to see Rick, also still asleep. As I tried to stand up I remembered my ankle, as I groaned in pain.

That broke the silence in the room as Rick sat up, immediately looking at me. "You okay?" he whispered.

I nodded as I slowly stretched my leg out softly resting my ankle back on the pillow. He stood up and walked over towards the door moving the curtain to see outside. He unlocked and opened the door, walking outside, not making a sound, as he shut the door behind him. I sat there confused as he hadn't said a word.

A few minutes later, he walked back in with both my bag, and a canteen like container. He sat down next to me and set the bags in from of him, he opened one of my bags and pulled out 3 cans of food, going on that run we had never found anything and we were going to run out soon. It had been almost a full day without eating or drinking anything, for Rick and I, and probably Anabella too.

Finally after many attempts he got a can open handing it to me and nodding toward Anabella. I set the can down and turned towards her.

"Sweetheart?" I said lightly shaking her.

She mumbled something as she opened her eyes, and then shutting them again as the light probably blinded her. She sat up as she rubbed her eyes trying to adjust.

"Here, have some peaches, your probably starving," I said reaching over to pass her the can.

She took it and immediately started eating the contents. After about the third bite, she finally started chewing her food instead do inhaling it, and managed to say,"thanks." In a sweet little voice. She smiled as she went back to eating.

I smiled back, and turned towards Rick who had just opened another can and was working on the other.

"You can have that one," he said as he nudged it towards me.

I nodded and picked it up, and brought it close to my nose smelling the the sweet scent of the fruit cocktail. I looked at it and played with it, even though I was starving it looked so unappetising, and disgusting in my eyes.

I looked up and saw Rick taking slow bites of his apricots, he seemed to be trying to enjoy it as much as he could before it was gone. As I watched him, I thought about what he had said, about murdering that man. I had inferred that outcome, as he had mmjust implied that scenario. I sat there studying him, looking him up and down and wondering how a man like that had it in him to kill. But I dropped the thought as soon as he looked up and his eyes met mine. I quickly looked back down at my can, and acted like I wasn't staring at him, even though he had caught me.

I took a bite of the fruit and immeadiatly everything looked and tasted good again. I started slow but every bite became better and better as I continued. I finally reached the bottom of the can scraping every little last bit of what was left.

I looked back up to see him grabbing the canteen, out of the bag, and unscrewing the lid. He passed the water to me and I gave it to the now thirsty Anabella. She took 2 big gulps and handed it to me smiling in thanks.

I smiled back and took it doing the same savouring the refreshing water. I then turned to Rick who already had his hand extended, looking very impatient. I handed the canteen over and he immediately took the last drink leaving it empty.

"Thanks," he said while wiping his lips. "I think that will be our next priority, water, and," he lifted up the food bag which was now almost empty, "food." He looked at me and then my ankle, he sighed and started packing.

I looked to Anabella and saw her staring at the both of us. She looked scared, and worried, but as she saw me look over her dropped it and lightly smiled.

"How is your ankle feeling?" He asked as he stood up with the bags.

"I don't know yet, I haven't moved it yet," I replied coldly.

"Well let's see then."

He put his hand out and I took it with no hesitation. Goosebumps ran up my arm as are hands connected. We looked straight into each other's eye as he grabbed my other hand, gripping tightly, preparing to pull me up. Soon I was on my feet almost falling from the weight on my heel. He quickly wrapped his arm around my waist, sending chills down my spine. He hoisted me up keeping me stable as he rest my body against his.

I was snapped out of my trance, as he said, "Can you try to put pressure on it again, see if it's bearable?"

"Yeah," I whispered as I put my hand on his shoulder for support, and he took his hand from my waist.

I put my foot down, and took a step forward. It felt like I has just been shot in the ankle, but I kept my balance and took another step, and another each one with a little less pain.

"You're doing good, I'm glad that you can at least wobble." He chuckled.

I gave him a glare, but eventually smirked, looking into his eyes, I started wobbling back getting closer and closer are faces were centimetres apart.

We immediately backed away from each other as as small voice from the corner of the room said,"I have to goto the bathroom."

I sighed and smiled at her, "sure honey."

"I'll take her," I said looking at Rick, he nodded and looked down running the back of his neck.

I bent down and grabbed my knife, and held Anabella's hand leading her outside taking her to the side of the cabin.

She dropped down behind a bush doing her business, I turned around watching around for anything.

As soon as I heard her scream, I knew I was really no help. Being my dumb self I jumped onto it anyway, and somehow got it rolled on top of me, I scrambled for my knife but I couldn't find it. I pushed it off me and finally found my knife, tucked down in my pocket, I quickly opened it and threw it into its head, several times finally killing it.

I heaved in and out, trying to catch my breath.

"I'm so sorry Anabella," I croaked.

I laid there motionless beginning to cry.

umm, i would understand if you are mad i never updated. im so sorry, i have a lot of things going on right now, and i didn't know where i was going with this chapter anyways... sorry, ..if you guys have any suggestions ill listen, again im really sorry, also i will not update again until

8-10 VOTES

so please

vote

comment

etc.