Chapter 4

As the school day slowly passed, I became more stressed thinking about the strange things I saw at home this morning. I really wanted to talk to Cole to discuss our plan of action for his "blood drawing day."

RING RING

Yes! It was lunch time! I excused myself from Silla and quickly went to find Cole. I caught him standing by his locker.

"Cole! Hey cole!"

"Hello sister."

"Have you thought about the Day?"

"What day?"

"You know. The day that they draw your blood. What are you going to do?"

"Ohh that day. No worries Isabelle, it's going to be fine."

"What are you talking about Cole!? last night and this morning, you were freaking out about it. And you know what happens when you become an adult!"

"Oh no no. Everything is fine. Principal John talked to me about it today. He said I seemed... Uneasy, so he pulled me in his office to talk."

"Cole! What did he say to you!? What!? I know you don't change your mind so easily! Recall that time when couldn't fix your hair in a certain way! I told you it looked fine, but you spent 2 hours getting it to look the way it did."

"Yeah and?"

"My point is your mind doesn't change when it is set to a thought!"

"Well, Principal John convinced me that I was worried about nothing. Don't worry Isabelle, it's fine."

"What about the syringes!?"

"Oh. I told Principal John about those too. He said it was to help us stay focused just like the green goo we have for dinner does. And he told me that adults have a harder time to stay focus which is why they need to have shots and not just eat the goo."

"Cole! You know that couldn't possibly be true! Like who needs to be so focused!? For what?!"

"Isabelle, just stop. It's fine!"

I was shaking. Cole never yelled at me before. Not like this. He never looked so angry in his life. And why was he so mad about a subject like this? Why was he defending the principal? I felt my breathing grow fast. I quickly turned around and started to walk away, my eyes watering.

"Isabelle! Please stop..."

He gently grabbed my shoulder and turned me back around to face him. He looked me straight in the eye.

"Isabelle. I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell at you. Don't worry about me, it's going to be fine."

"Alright Cole. I'm just worried about you, that's all."

"It's okay sis. No need to be stressed."

We smiled at each other.

"Well okay Cole. I think I'm going to go meet up with Silla and eat. You have a good lunch, okay?"

"Kk sis!"

I turned and rushed to the lunch tables where Silla was sitting. I noticed that Cole's voice was the same. But his eyes were blank when I looked into them. He was fine this morning. What could have happened in the principal's office?

"Hey! Isabelle!"

"Silla!"

"Come sit down!"

"Yeah okay."

"What happened with Cole?"

" I don't know Silla, but he's been acting weird. He was normal this morning. Then he told me that Principal John sent him into his office."

"Is that when he started acting weird?"

"Yeah..."

"What do you think happened?"

"I don't know.. But Something did. Something did."