Chapter One

(After the intro...)

The others were setting up at the house. The male genius of the group had reminded them about the school day. The pilot had counteracted that he talked to their mom about it and she called the school to say she came and got them. Not to mention, she has spoken to Veracity's dads so they know as well. There was only three periods left anyway so it wasn't a huge deal.
  The food was being placed on the table by the weapons specialist while Veracity was getting the drinks. Harris assisted her as the pilot tried to text his cousin and brother. The two were having a "little" chat and, even after putting some faith into it, he was still worried. He wanted this to work. Not to have a doubt that everything is ok. But the fact that neither one of them has returned yet caused some concern.

"Oh yeah, hot wings and waffle fries!" Spyder excitedly stated.

Veracity shook her head as she took out the cups.

"Thank god we went to Tony's," Harris said, "their wings are the best."

"Yeah we tried some from Sarachas and they were nasty," Spyder spoke with disgust, "burned my tongue and I couldn't get it out for hours."

V chuckled as her eyes landed on the male technopath, who was silent and failed to partake in the conversation.

"Hey you okay?" Veracity asked.

The two boys stared back at their best friend. He looked back at them.

"Yeah, it's just Mark and Mack said they were gonna meet up after they were done. It's been a while." Ryan retorted.

"Dude it's fine. Mark said he was cool with her." Spyder quickly responded to ease his pal's nerves.

"And then he thought she was trying to kill us," Veracity pointed out, "so who knows what's happening."

"Well Kenzie is with us now so he has to suck it up," Ryan said, "not everyone we meet is a crazy person."

"You can't blame him though," Harris reasoned, "stuff like this happens to us a lot."

"That's true," Ryan agreed, "but she's not evil. Why can't he see that?"

He poured some soda into one of the cups.

"We've all had our fair share of betrayals," Veracity spoke up, "better safe than sorry."

The pilot looked down to the floor in thought. It's only been a day and a half since they met Mackenzie. It is odd to just automatically trust her. Though she has proven her worth to them during the fight, having suspicions isn't completely outrageous. Still it wasn't fair to judge her so quickly. Especially when she seems harmless...unless you harm her. Was Mark right? Maybe the fifteen year old's hope of being reunited with part of his family was blinding him from the truth. Her arrival was fast and random. Not to mention she didn't hesitate to have a look around the robot. However, the military child was great to be around and was determined to help the team. She's caring and bubbly, as least that's what's been seen so far. What if it's just a false assumption?

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

"AAAHHH!!"

Hot electricity coursed through the doctor's body. The burning was painful and his screams were louder than millions of sirens going off at once. An ooze freak watched his suffering. He grinned.

"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

His grin grew wider.

"Still don't wanna give her to me?" Tregear questioned.

"AAHH! This all you got?!" The doctor challenged.

Tragear only shrugged and pressed the button on the wall to shut down the machine. A door opened as well, revealing two figures.