Final Scene: Enemies Here And There

The team regrouped in the med bay. Mackenzie sat by her dad, who was laying down on the bed. Both geniuses checked out the damage. Spyder glanced at the male technopath, who was looking down at his hands. That same purple energy was urging to make an reappearance. It had been about a month since the first time it came and the young man spent the night at the daredevil's house. Yes, he still refused to tell the gang about it. He didn't want to bring up what happened in the Arctic. As important as it seemed, he felt that it wasn't considering they had more stuff to deal with.

"Okay," V began, "this is a long one. His ribs are cracked, has severe bruises, some of those scars aren't going away, black eye, second degree burns on the back and stomach, two broken wrists, a concussion, and a sprained arm."

She looked up from her tablet to meet a lot of wide mouths.

"What? I said it was long." Veracity stated.

Kenzie sighed.

"Least we're all living," she said positively, "I missed you daddy."

Liam smiled.

"Yeah, you put up one hell of a fight," he responded, "I'm glad you were able to think so quickly. I love you baby girl."

Kenzie smiled.

"I love you too daddy." She replied.

She went to hug him. He winced a little in pain, but having his daughter safe in his arms mattered more than any injury.

"Aww....daddy's girl." Spyder cooed.

"Call me that one more time." Mackenzie threatened as her voice went deep for a second.

Spyder put his hands up as the female technopath let go of her father. She grabbed her cousin's arm and guided him to the bed. The doctor, though not properly, was now meeting his nephew for the first time.

"Hi." Ryan greeted.

"Hey," Liam replied, "thanks for having my daughter's back. All of you. And thank god none of you were hurt."

"Wait Spyder, you were with her. Are you okay?" Veracity questioned in concern.

"Oh yeah, I'm good." Spyder responded.

"You sure?" Harris inquired.

"Yeah. I'm not the one with the scar on my face now am I?" Spyder posed.

He instantly looked over at Mack.

"Sorry." He apologized.

She shrugged.

"What scar?" Mark asked.

The military child stood up.

"Oh yeah, my powers automatically help me. The injuries last for a good 20 minutes." She explained.

Ryan blinked.

"Wow..." He reacted, continuously being surprised by the level of power his family member has.

He turned back to Liam.

"I'm glad we were able to help you," Ryan retorted to his previous statement, "and I'm so happy Tregear got shot."

The crew gave him an astonished look, a bit taken aback of his joy over a possible death. The pilot returned the stare as he told them,

"Oh come on. You all seriously didn't wish for that?" Ryan inquired.

Harris, Veracity, and Mackenzie shared a glance while the daredevil pressed his lips together. Mark sighed as Liam shrugged.

"You had to do it before he tried anything else," he talked, "your guardian duties are violent and borderline insane, but it's worth it and it's not like I can take your powers away-"

"Wait what?" Harris asked.

"Guardian?" Spyder questioned.

"What?" Veracity posed.

The pilot looked back at his cousin.

"Kenzie?" Ryan quizzed.

The young blonde peered at everyone. Her father was perplexed at their reactions.

"You didn't tell them?" Liam queried to his daughter.

Mackenzie glanced at him before staring at the former all-star, who gave her a look. The male genius glanced between the two, assuming that the mechanic already knew. The young blonde sighed silently before rolling up her sleeve. All of the freshman gathered around.

"This symbol means something," Mack started, "there's a lot you guys are gonna see. So you should just let me explain."

• ••••••••••••• •

"Oh. . .I am getting that cure."

A lady, who was wearing gray clothing, was busy at work. Typing away at her computer, sounds of grunts filled the room. Tow kids were tied up behind her. They were attempting to leave the area.

"Stay quiet you two," the woman spoke, "I've got business to take care of."

Little did she realize that she was being watched. A child had her eyes widened at the sight. Watching this woman who she once trusted with her life risk and possibly kill the lives of others to help herself was truly horrifying. She quickly left and went to find Randall. Having quietly, her feet carried her body to a wooden house. Before she could knock though,

"Brenda?"

The little girl turned around and sighed in relief.

"Violet thank god!" She shouted.

"What's wrong?" Violet asked.

The braided haired girl looked around to make sure others weren't spying or eavesdropping.

"Our former leader found two technopaths and is going to hurt them so she can cure herself. We have to tell Leo." She informed.