chap. 2

I waited for Cali at lunch when I hear whispers saying "is she okay?" a girl asked

"I heard she got drunk." answered another said

"Leave it alone." a boy who must be mike says whilst waiting outside with his friends. I turn around the corner and see mike with two of his friends. There was a chorus of throwing up noises from the bathroom in the background when the girl looks at me and says "what do you want?" I look up I bit and say "I have her phone." she reaches out and I give her the phone when Mike says "thanks mare, I owe you one. Cali just disappeared. Thank you for saving her."

"Dude don't thank her. She is one the one that got her drunk." a girl snaps.

"You what?" he asks.

" trust me I didn't want to. it's part of the job"

He sighs and leans back "you could have just said no. where did she go after that?" he asks.

" my place," I say bluntly

"What the hell did you do to her?!" he roars.

"Nothing I swear!" I reply when the door opens to reveal call.

"Hey, Mare... .oh mike you found my phone! Thank you love!" she cries and hugs him.

" I'll leave now"I slowly walk back

"We are not done with this" he growls.

"Mike she didn't do anything!"

"She got you drunk!" Mike yelled

" She was only doing her job!" Cail yelled back

" Cali... he's right" Mike started to walk towards me and grabbed my collar of my shirt

 he's right" Mike started to walk towards me and grabbed my collar of my shirt

 (the second one)

" I swear to god if you did anything to Cali I won't hesitate to hurt you " he then let go of my collar and walked away with his group and a blushing Cali. she turns back and waves at me "see you around love!" I walk to my first period. I bumped into Alex on the way there.

"Hey, Mare" she waved and walked to her class making me a little red. I didn't see Cali around school thinking that maybe all of her classes are on the other side when it hits me. She is a year older than me, plus she is probably in the office throwing up. wait why do I care. I walk into my class and sit down in the back.

After that boring class came lunch, walking into the room I looked for Alex and Piper but then I hear the one and only Cali yelling at me "MARE! MARE OVER HERE LOVE!" she shouts and waves frantically. I ignore her calls hoping she gets the sign I didn't want to talk to her, and she does, in a rather hard way. She stopped and her face fell. The room got cold. Literally. It was just warm a second ago...

Weird.

After school, I look around for Cali but after ten minutes I give up and walk home.I finished homework and let the dragons come out to play. They were in their normal sizes. I climbed a tree and found a comfortable spot to sit. I watched stormy hunt and play with Athena. I got out my knife