Chapter 18 - Uncertainty

The day that followed was particularly hectic for Taehyung who kept on running everywhere to prepare their trip – for that was how they had finally decided to call the thing to make their departure easier. He went out to get everything Jimin thought they would need, and the latter remained inside, wrapping it all up in his night blanket that he had cut off from its hay. He had cut it in half and had awkwardly woven each part to make bags, which he had then knotted loose enough so that they would be able to put their arms through it and carry them more easily on their back. Taehyung had spread his comings and goings throughout the day and had managed to collect many vegetables right under Yoongi's nose, tissues at Namjoon's, Hoseok's and Seokjin's – he had internally apologized about that a lot by the way – medicinal plants, as well as wood and water that Jimin had poured into some kind of small wooden flasks. He had carefully avoided the elders throughout the day, going as far as hiding when the situation required it. What he was the most proud of, however, was having been able to elude Yoongi. Energy knew how to make itself particularly useful.

Night had fallen for a few hours, and it was with their bags securely fastened to their shoulders that the two men quietly left their home in a dead silence only broken by the wind. They walked around the house to escape from where they had slipped through to enter when Taehyung had arrived, and the nearby fire revealed them a few seconds only before they disappeared into the darkness again.

They walked for an hour, maybe two, before considering themselves far enough from the clan to stop for the night. Jimin pulled out the small torch he had improvised the same day but had not dared lightening earlier for fear of being spotted. They had to be careful. Locating himself at night had never really been a problem for him, and nothing was likely to attack him by surprise anyway. Taehyung, he, still did not normally see very well in the dark, and if Jimin had previously needed to guide him so that he would not stumble or bump into anything, he had acquired a much better vision than his during the day, when Jimin was actually creating their torch. It was something he had not been able to explain once again, something that had happened just because he had thought of it and had made him able to see in the dark. He was now quite comfortable with his new ability and kept complimenting it. And if Jimin had jumped almost 10 meters away when he had first activated it, he had on the other hand not been able to question the beauty of his deeper blue eyes glowing in the dark. It was a breathtaking view.

But there was no time for reverie and Taehyung pulled him out of his thoughts, as he was used to now, snapping his fingers at the torch. Jimin immediately moved away the small fire he was holding close to his face and widened his eyes before frowning at Taehyung.

« - It's no time to daydream, Jimin, we have to find a place for the night. »

Jimin roughly imitated him, moving his lips noiselessly, and Taehyung smiled before rubbing the top of his head.

« - You're not tired? » He asked.

Jimin dropped his shoulders and his free arm while showing his puppy eyes this time, moving his head up and down.

« - I am... »

« - So hurry up instead of fooling around. » Taehyung laughed as he pulled him toward himself and quickly headed towards the little wood to their right.

« - You're the fool. » Jimin quietly sputtered, puffing out his cheeks.

« - I can hear you very well, you know. »

Jimin laughed too before getting closer to Taehyung and circling his free arm around his waist, his hand gently going to settle on his hip. Taehyung quickly circled his arm around his shoulders and that's how they quietly ventured into the woods.