Wait

Rhysand was growing desperate.

It had been nearly a week since the attack on Velaris—nearly a week since Tarquin's reinforcements had saved them all. Nearly a week since Feyre had disappeared.

The connection between them yawned wider every day, black and empty. Rhys couldn't reach his Mate no matter how loudly he shouted down their bond—the sound was simply swallowed up by the nothingness that remained where she should have been.

He still couldn't get those last moments out of his head.

The way Feyre had screamed—it was inhuman. He'd rushed to her side as her back arched off the floor, her eyes squeezed shut. Everything smelled strongly of magic, sharp and crackling. Before Rhysand had been able to touch, to try and soothe her, hold her, some force pulsed from afar, and Feyre had... disappeared. Nothing remained where she'd been—nothing. He felt everything in him narrow in on the realization that she was gone. Somehow his magic had drained, or Rhysand was sure he would have destroyed the entire Illyrian fleet in his rage.

Mor and Azriel were trying to be of comfort. But with no word from Cassian and Nesta, with Amren unable to wake up, with Elain's visions incoherent and indecipherable, there was absolutely nothing to be done but wait.

Wait for information, wait for help, wait for some sign that Feyre was alright.