Marshall

"Help! I'm (cough!) up here!" The last person shouted from a second story window of the burning apartment building. A large complex was burning up in flames as people watched the fire fighters put it out.

"Ryder, why isn't someone trying to save him?" Asked a slightly older Chase.

"They're doing their best, buddy. Forst they are attempting to put the flames out at that window to make a safer path to get to him." Ryder answered.

Suddenly, the person disappeared from their place at the window.

"He must have fainted from the smoke." One of the fire fighters said, but then the same person came walking out the front door!

Whoever trained this little guy did (cough!) an amazing job. Thanks a (cough cough!) million." The person said.

"While I'm just as glad as you are..." the fire chief began, "it really quite strange seeing as we don't have a fire dog; especially a fire dog puppy!"

Then Ryder and Chase approached the pup. "Hi, Little Dalmatian. Where are you from?" Ryder asked him.

"I'm Marshall!!! My owner named me that because he was the same rank in the fire department of his old city. He got crushed in the fire, so I decided I might as well try to save someone else. I know he would have." The small Dally said, with a few years in his eyes.

"Since you don't seem to have a home now, would you like to come and be my dog, Marshall?" Asked Ryder.

"What!? Really! Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I hate to be alone; and now I'll never be alone. Yay! Thank you so much!" Marshall shouted.

"No problem, Marshall." Ryder said.

"Cool, now I've got a baby brother." Chase said, giggling.

"Hey!" Marshall whined. "I am not a baby, I'm not even a puppy."

Everyone just laughed.