Chapter 38

Harry POV

I kissed her head holding her tight to me as the tears poured down my face. This wasn't how was supposed to be. I was supposed to get better and everything would go to how it was before. Or even better.

I didn't want to do this without her. She was who I wanted for the rest of my life. No one and I mean no one has compared to what she's done and how she's made me feel.

I needed her.

If this is how it was going to end between us, I would lose it. I wanted to get better. I should have fucking did it already.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Harry-"

"It's my fault" I whispered touching her cold yet soft skin. I did this to her. I deserve to be miserable for the rest of my life. I don't even deserve to live.

I should have left her alone since I seen her on the bridge before.

"It's not your fau-"

"If I wasn't being so fucking stubborn and scared of how I would look to her, she would be breathing right now. We could be at home, I could be holding her, I could be talking to her, I could be seeing her beautiful smile. Instead of seeing her this way" I roared looking at Niall shaking, and crying.

Let me out

There has to be away.

There is no way but, I can make you feel better. I can make the pain and hurting stop. All you have to stop fighting me.

No. She wouldn't want that.

She's fucking dead, it doesn't matter. If you want the pain to stop,

stop fighting me.

No... I can't. I can't. What if she wakes up.

Do you hear a fucking heartbeat? Do you feel any warmth on her skin? She's dead. She's been dead. I'm giving you an option that could help you cope with this. Give in.

"I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. I really am but, you cannot put this on yourself. You weren't driving that car. You weren't even in New York" he whispered.

"So what the fuck am I supposed to do? Go on with life and think that none of this was my fault? All she did was love me and I hurt her. It ended her life" I cried holding her tighter.

"She finally had everything together. She had her dream life and I fucked it up, like I always do. I need her to come back to me! I can't do this without her. I won't do this without her"

"You're not going to take your life over this-"

"I will"

I can stop the pain

"Harry listen to me for a fucking second-" I shook my head. "I won't let you do it" he stated in a hard voice.

"You have no say in what I do. If I have to, I will kill you Niall. Now leave" I ordered and he didn't move.

A man walked in staring at me then her. "Sir I need you to put the body down and leave this room now" Silence. "I know you're sad and hurt right now but you have to put her down, Or will have to call security"

I gently placed her on the floor quietly and the next second, my hand was in his throat.

He grasped for air as blood came out and I didn't even care as I pulled my hands away and watched him fall to the ground.

"Harry you-"

My hand went straight for Niall's heart. He roared in pain as I watched him. This was his last chance. "Leave Niall" I roared. "No"

I pulled my hand out of his chest and grabbed his neck throwing him across the room into bodies. He groaned in pain getting up as I walked towards him.

My arm was pulled roughly and I spun ready to kill whoever it was.

I met brown eyes.

I froze.

I didn't know to say, and I still didn't know what to do. She was breathing. She was alive, I felt her hand holding me. But how?

I looked around confused, breathing hard and shaking. Was I dead? Was she waiting for me? I looked back down to her as she watched me.

She had a heartbeat.

My hand came up to her face touching it gently. She wasn't as warm as she usually was but, she wasn't as cold as she was a few seconds ago.

"What happened?" she asked lowly looking around the room and stopping at the man bleeding out. "You were...dead-" She didn't respond as her eyes stayed on the man and her breathing got harder.

I pulled her in ready to break down and cry again but in happiness. She was here. Somehow.

"I thought I lost you" I whispered and she still didn't respond, pulling away and making my heart hurt a bit. "Jordan?" I asked holding her head as her eyes were shifting red.

Shit

"She's in transition" I whispered panicking as Niall walked closer. She looked back at the body, Niall then me panicking. "What's wrong with me?" she demanded touching her mouth shaking as the brown completely disappeared in her eyes.

"Jordan" I whispered watching her closely knowing what she was craving. It was filling her nose making the will to fight impossible. She didn't know how to fight it yet. "Come to me baby, I'll get you out of here" I whispered as she looked at the body.

She walked closer and I followed trying to plead. "If you do this, you'll complete the transition and will be like me" I warned and she froze.

"I need it" she whispered out crying.

"Oh my god" a lady whispered scared at the door and Jordan lunged for her. "Jordan!" I yelled grabbing her and pulling away but by the time I got her hands off of her, she was dead.