Chapter 11- Pack

The food was delicious. I don't think I'll be eating anything else anytime soon. Ezra soon showed me where I would be sleeping and offered a tent.

He even offered me a shower. After washing my dirt covered body I needed warmth from the cold water I had used for the shower. As I was walking back to the fire to dry my hair from my shower I spotted a little girl sitting by herself.

I slowly walked up to her, her face raising towards mine. Her features were gorgeous. Bright blue eyes curved innocently similar to Ezra's. Her eyes reflected the fire creating but of gold and red to spark in her irises.

"Hello there, is anyone sitting here?"

I waited for a response, staring into her mesmerising eyes. She soon spoke ever so quietly.

"Sure, no one bothers. You might as well."

I joined her watching the fire. I reached for my hairbrush and raised by hand to start brushing through my hair. I seem to be struggling. I may need to cut it. My hair reaches down my back now it's almost funny how fast my hair grows.

"Do you think you could brush the back? I can't seem to reach it."

She nods and extends her hand towards the brush.

"Sure, I'll try not to hurt you."

I turned around so she could brush my strands of hair.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

"So. What's your name?"

The familiar feeling of smooth spikes ran down my hair as she answers me.

"My name is Zaya, you can call me Zay if you want. What's yours?"

"The names Ashlyn, call me Ash."

We laugh and start chatting like giggling girls.

"This is a nice place, has it always been like this?"

She seems to think while brushing.

"I've always known that since the original Royals were around that's when we created this domain for werewolves. A place for us to live freely and start wonderous lives."

"I see."

"Mm, my father always tells me ancient stories for my bedtime. I love listening to them, it's peaceful."

"Sounds like a cool dad. Wish I knew what that was like."

"You don't have a family?"

"Nah, just me myself and I."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine really. I'm used to it sadly."

She hands me the brush and sits next to me.

"How long are you staying for?"

I wrinkled my mouth in thought.

"I think we leave next sunrise, so two nights?"

She claps her hands and smiles at me.

"Great, at least I have a friend now."

I frown.

"What do you mean. You don't have any friends?"

Shaking her head at me answers my question which saddens me.

"People are kind of scared to hang out with me being the Alphas daughter."

Oh. Now it makes sense.