Chapter 10 - On The Move

We shortly began walking again for at least another fours hours, breaks in between. After walking for so long we decided to make our camp and set up our sleeping bags.

Taron went off to collect some wood while I started to brush and tie my hair into two braids. All this walking and I can't wait to get a nice shower as soon as possible. Hopefully, his brother might have one handy.

Reaching into my backpack I took out the book and flipped to where I was. I thought I would need this in case I wanted to entertain myself. I'm so smart.

Reading through the pages I never realised that Taron was already starting a fire and began moving little twigs in between the flames and wood. It crackled and immediately warmth flowed towards me as I set my book back into my bag.

I got up from my sitting rock and walked towards him and the flame. The light reflected off his chiselled face as the night began to swoop in on us.

I rolled our sleeping bags and made sure I would be comfy. I stuffed grass underneath to make it softer as it touched my back.

At least it wasn't rocky otherwise I would rather sleep like a bat. Oh my god. I wonder if I can now since I'm actually a vampire. I let out a giggle at my ridiculousness and childlike thoughts.

"What is so funny?"

"I was wondering since I'm a vampire now, I would be able to sleep like a bat!"

"Really?"

"Really really my friend. Ah, the imagination of women are just amazing, don't you think?"

"I'm not going to even answer anything you just said. I'll probably get your stupidness, I don't want that sorry. Even if you seem so fond of it. I'd really like to keep my thoughts and your thoughts to ourselves. "

"Wow geez, calm down grandpa. You're going to snap your back."

"My back is perfectly fine thanks."

"No one asked dumbass."

No one spoke after that which made me feel uncomfortable. The light of the night stars illuminated the black sky. It was just breathtaking. The views really are stunning. Each star is different in their own ways. Some are bigger than the rest making them stand out and shine to an extreme.

"So, your brother, is he nice?"

He got up from the fire and walked towards our sleeping arrangement against the dirt.

"You could say that he is mostly serious, can't really take a joke."

"So he's basically your twin then?"

He glared at me shutting my laugh off before I died of no oxygen. But aren't I already dead or something along the lines of not a living being anymore? I'm so confused about that.

"You're hilarious Ashlyn. No, he is not my twin he's a bit older than me and he never messes around. He can't do that anyway. He has to look after his people."

"Are you guys royal or something, what do you mean by his people?"

"No, you're the only queen left. He is a leader of sorts."

"Right then. I just hope he is a lot nicer than you say otherwise I won't be happy and will be grumpy the whole visit."

"Oh well, he wouldn't care what you think of him. That's just the kind of guy he is."

The fire crackled once more which soothes the surrounding air. The winds whispered through the fallen leaves as they fell from the stems of tall trees, landing in small piles of untouched leaves.