I Dared My Best Friend To End My Life Part 1

Hello Reddit,

This is Clark, Zander's best friend. I hope you'll remember me from the last series that Zander posted. I wish I was here to say thank you for all of your help in getting David King what he deserved. I wish I was here to tell you that all of Zander's charges have been dropped and that we are returning to normal life, but that's not why I'm here.

I'm here because Zander is missing.

I haven't heard from him in a little more than 2 weeks now, and his Reddit activity is nonexistent ever since July 7th that I can see. I'm worried. He always sends at least a few words to keep me updated every couple of days so I know he's safe and still on the run. But now... No one has heard from him.

I've talked to Detective Hernandez, his parents, and even Katie. No one has seen or heard from him in a while.

Let me fill you in on what I know.

A week ago, I realized I hadn't heard from him in a while. I texted him, and got no response. I sent him an encrypted message through the online messenger that we use for really secretive conversations. Nothing. I looked at his Reddit page, and there were no new comments or submissions.

The last thing I see on his Reddit account is a request for password possibilities to brute force David King's old hard drive and a few comments here and there to people.

You may be wondering how I'm posting using Zander's Reddit account. He never shared the password with me. Let me explain the timeline of events until now.

After I checked his Reddit userpage and tried to contact him through all other normal and abnormal channels, I went to see Detective Hernandez. I asked him whether he'd heard from Zander recently. He told me that the last time they'd talked was on the 5th of July. They'd met together with one of Hernandez's lawyer friends to discuss Zander's legal problems.

Hernandez had also "borrowed" the hard drive once it came back from the lab and given it to Zander when they met. The lab was unable to salvage any useful data, as far as Hernandez knows.

While I was there, I asked him where Zander stood from a legal standpoint. This is how I understand his current situation.

Zander had been previously charged with aiding a kidnapping, arson, manslaughter for David's mom, resisting arrest, credit card fraud, bank fraud, theft of personal property, and unlawful possession of David's confidential medical records. I think that's everything. It's been a week since I talked to Hernandez, so I might have some parts wrong.

It was a lot of charges, and only four have been dropped: aiding a kidnapping, theft of personal property, arson, and manslaughter. Three of those charges were dropped as a result of the GoPro footage we turned in as evidence. The theft of personal property was dropped because the prosecutor didn't feel he could successfully convince a jury without David's testimony.

I'm pretty pissed off that the other charges are still being held against him.

As Zander stated before in his previous posts, the credit card companies and Zander's own bank had done their own investigations and have filed criminal charges against him for fraud. This was because the information provided to them while filing for a credit card was so complete and so accurate that they didn't believe someone other than Zander could have filled out the form. The electronic submissions also came from his own computer.

As for possession of confidential medical records, I don't know of any real way around that. If anyone has any ideas, I'm happy to hear them.

He is also being newly charged with voluntary manslaughter for shooting David King. Hernandez's lawyer friend is convinced that a jury could be persuaded to call him innocent on this charge, but only if he turns himself in. The sooner he turns himself in, the less guilty he looks to a jury. Even so, the GoPro evidence I gave them should still help prove that it was in self defense. Alternatively, Hernandez's friend is worried that the video will prove that we set a trap for David, proving malicious intent.