The Phone Call

Chapter 6: The Phone Call

3 Days Previously

Ellie POV

After leaving Luke's apartment I got into a cab and gave the driver my address. As soon as I got out my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hi is this Ellie Stinson?"

"Yes this is she."

"I regret to inform you that your parents have been in accident."

"What? Are-are they okay?" I ask with tears spilling down my face.

"I'm sorry but I'm afraid your mother didn't make it, we are still waiting to see if your father will be okay."

"No no no no no no no no! This isn't happening! What hospital is this?"

After she gave me the address I called and cab and handed the address to the driver. I couldn't hold the tears running down my face. All I knew was Robin is dead and my dad is next. The hospital. Finally. I got out of the cab and rushed in asking the first nurse I saw to take me to my dad. When I got to the room his eyes were closed. I sat down beside his bed and I talked and talked and talked some more. I told him how much I love him and how everything would be okay. A nurse walked in and gave me a bag. She told me that in the bag were there belongings. I took out Robin and my dad's phones. I looked at the wallpapers. They thought it would be cute to have them match. My dads wallpaper was Robin and Robin's wallpaper was dad. That's when I started to regret not calling Robin mom since the age of 13. I feel really bad. Now I realize how much they really loved each other. I turned to my dad and said, "dad I'm gonna miss you so much. They say you have a chance but I don't want you to suffer. Robi- mom is gone, she didn't make it and I know how much you love each other so I think you should let go. You can be together and you won't have to suffer. I don't want to be the one holding you back, to be the one who makes you suffer. I need you to let go and be with her. I love you daddy and not a day will go by that I don't think of you." Just as I said that I heard a long flat beep. "Goodbye."

Present Time

Ellie POV

I don't think I ever cried so much than in that moment.

A/N: wow. I'm so sorry it took me so long to update and I'm sorry that I made this so sad. Let me know why you think!