Chapter Seven;Thomas POV

T H O M A S

I've tried to get over Alexander. He's just so...addicting. I've known the guy for a week and he's stuck in my mind. Laf has been a bit quiet lately and I wanted to know why. "You alright?" I asked while Peggy and I saw down across from him. It was lunch at the college and Lafayette had barely eaten. "Oui." Peggy and I looked at each other before back at him. "Spill." "No!" "Laf." He glared at me. He knew what I was doing.

"No." "Laffy..." I pouted making him close his eyes. "Please Laffy Taffy...~" I said making him sigh, “I swore Alexander to secrecy-” “Well now I HAVE to know!” Lafayette didn’t say a word.

“Lafayette!” “Alexander likes Thomas,” he blurted out. I stared at him confused. “What do you-” “He like likes you.” He hung his head in shame. “And he doesn’t know what to do-” “I don’t either! We’re both confused-” “He knows what he wants. It’s you.” I blushed and shook my head. “He...He likes me?” He simply nodded and I couldn’t help but smile.

“He likes me!” I said, Alexander Hamilton likes me. “Oh my god...But…I have to go…” I had to tell James. I couldn’t lead him on. “I can come with you,” Peggy said knowingly.

“Yeah, please.” She followed me as I lead her to James’ dorm. We had to make sure Laurens wasn’t there. I knocked on the door nervously and James opened it, smiling. I hope he understands. “Thomas! Peggy, always a pleasure!” Peggy smiled nervously and glanced up at me.

“James, can we talk?” I asked as he let us inside. “Yeah, anything.” “Promise you won’t be mad?” “Your making me worry…” I took a deep breath and told him what needed to be said, “I’m breaking up with you.” He didn’t give me a shocked expression but instead gave me a sad smile. “I expected that. Don’t worry I’m not mad, knew it would happen eventually, I’ll stay your best friend no matter what. So who is it?” “Is Laurens here?” James shook his head and I sighed in relief.

“I like Alexander Hamilton.” He smiled brightly, “I knew it!” “Wow, I just broke up with your and you’re already back to your shipping faze.” I said laughing.

“Yeah well,  I’ve shipped it since high school-” “high school?” “Really? You guys had, like, all your classes together. How did you not notice.” I stared at him blankly as he went to get something and came back with a yearbook. “Here.” At the top it said, Mr.Washington’s class.

I scanned the pictures and sure enough, there he was. We were alphabetically next to each other too. “How did I never notice that?” “Because he changed schools later on.” “Okay then.” Peggy nudged me and pointed to the time, “Oh, we have to go.” “Bye, Tommy.” “Don’t call me Tommy.”

It took James about ten minutes to return back to his annoying best friend faze. I just smiled and rolled my eyes before Peggy and I left.

“Well...Today has been-” “Awesome?” Peggy suggested, “I honestly don’t know,” I said with a chuckle. As we walked by I bumped into a girl. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” She shook her head and got up. She had straight long black hair, a green tank top and a short skirt. “It’s okay. I’m Vanessa.” “Thomas.” “Do you happen to know an Alexander Hamilton?” My heart sped up. “Actually, yeah. I can take you to him.” She nodded and followed Peggy and I to my dorm.

“Alex!” “What!” He called back. “There is a...Vanessa here to see you?” We heard the sound of someone hitting the floor and Alexander came running out but fell. I laughed a bit and helped him up. He gave me a helpful smile before running over to hug Vanessa.

“Nessa!” “Alex! How have you been?” “I’ve been good but, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be with Nina in California?” Vanessa shrugged, “Nina got a week off so we flew over here. We need to meet up with all of you guys. Is Usnavi still rejecting his feelings?” he nodded making her sigh.

“It's so obvious too.” I needed to clear my head so I started heading towards the door. “Where are you going?” Peggy asked me. “Bar, Peggles.” She laughed a bit, “let me come with you. I can drive you home.” I nodded and we left Alexander alone with Vanessa.

“So why do you need to go to a bar?” I shrugged, “I just need to clear my head a bit. Today has been a weird yet somehow amazing day?” She nodded and walked over to the drivers door while I was at the passenger seat.