People Aren't Who They Say They Are

Where am I?

I struggled to open my eyes, my vision blurry as I looked around the room.

I noticed the bland white walls, the aroma of cleaning solution and medication, the rhythmic beep, the nicely made bed beside me.

I was in a hospital.

Wires sticking out of me everywhere.

I started to panic, breathing heavily as I examined the room quickly, making sure no one was in the room.

I looked down and saw a needle sticking out of my arm. I held my breath and quickly pulled it off, like a band aid. I climbed out of the bed slowly so that I didn't get a head rush, and grabbed the clothes off of the table next to me. I pulled the skirt on quickly and ripped off the hospital gown, pulling the tank top over my head as I slipped the boots on without lacing them and slipped on the jacket as I found my phone and ran out of the room as casually as I could.

No one bothered to stop me as I unlocked my phone and presses the pressed the speed dial #2 and hastily pressed the phone to my ear, praying for a pickup.

"Lyndon?" He answered, his voice cracking in the end.

"Oh thank The Lord!" I sighed out, turning a corner and seeing the elevators. "Look, I'm at a hospital, I don't know where yet, but I'm on an elevator right now and I'll tell you when I see a sign.."

"Ok, please hurry baby." He pleaded me.

My heart broke. "How many days have I been missing?" I asked as the elevator made it to the first floor.

"4 days." His voice cracked as he waited for me. I spotted the front desk and made my way to it, crawling behind it and shaking the computer to life.

"Sarasota Memorial." I informed him.

"That's at least an hour, an hour and half, depending on traffic." He told me, soundly hopeful as he shuffled around. "Can you tell me what's across the street baby?" He asked me, sounding distant.

I quickly walked outside and saw a McDonalds across the street. "McDonald."

"Ok. Ok baby, I want you to go across the street and make yourself unnoticeable, don't let people get a good look at you. Someone wants you and I don't know why." I let the tears fall as I walked out of the hospital, looking every which way to make sure I wasn't being watched.

I spotted a sketchy valet, but nothing else.

"Please stay on the phone with me!" I pleaded when I didn't hear him speak anymore.

"I'm right here baby! I'm not leaving!" He called in the distance as I made it across the street. "I'm just getting dressed, I didn't expect you to call this early...or at all." I looked down at my phone and saw that it was indeed 6:36 am.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you..." I whispered, sitting at a booth in the back.

"No! No I'm so glad you called! We haven't slept at all, waiting up at night to see if you'd miraculously call, but you never did." He explained to me as he brought the phone to his ear. "Hey baby? I'll be right over, ok? Call if anything happens."

I suddenly panicked. He could to leave me!

"No Levi please!" I begged, getting stares from people. "Please don't hang up! I am so scared right now, I'm surprised I haven't shit myself yet!" I explained to him softly.

He let out a long sigh as I heard car keys.

"Baby? I can't talk and drive. It's against the law."