Chapter Seven - Informing Iracebeth

With a deep breath, Stayne prepared himself for the fury of the Queen that was about to be released upon him. He knew what was coming, and readied for her burst into flames. Another deep breath. Stayne entered her court and walked with a quicker pace up to her throne, stopping on her right-hand side.

 Iracebeth was pacing, anger clearly present. ‘Majesty, Alice has escaped.’ He spoke, trying to hide her fear of her anticipated reaction. Her palm sharply collided with his face, slapping him hard. The forced caused him to lean to the left.

 ‘On the Bandersnatch.’ He spoke cautiously. Another slap, causing him to go to the right. Stayne knew what was coming next. He knew it was going to be the most painful of the assaults.

 ‘With the Vorpal sword.’ SLAP. And he was right, this collision, sending him to the left again, was the most painful of the three. ‘HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?!’ The deep scarlet faced Queen shouted.

 ‘I,’ He began, taking a long breath. ‘I underestimated her, Majesty.’ Iracebeth scoffed. ‘But, we have her conspirators! The Hatter, and the dormouse!’ He said, trying to catch his breath, and a grin forming on his face.

 ‘OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!’ She exclaimed.