Returning Lost

After greeting everyone, footsteps grew louder on the stair case. Then a beautiful girl with long red hair and brown eyes came down the stair case. She walked out into the noisy living room and looked at everyone. Harry turned around and spotted her after hugging Mrs. Weasley. Without thinking, Harry raced up to her and hugged her. Then he gave her a small kiss on the lips. After a few seconds, she pushed him away. Harry looked at her. Not exactly the reaction he was hoping for. She had a blank face as she stared at him. Harry's smile slowly disintigrated. Hermione, Ron, Mr. Weasley, and Mrs. Weasley stood with wide open eyes. They thought they had warned Harry about Ginny. She stared at him, waiting for her to say or do something.

"Ginny...it's me...Harry...," he said as he stared at her through his lenses.

Ginny examined the man. Round spectacles, enchanting emerald eyes, scruffy jet black hair. Was she supposed to know him?

"I'm sorry...I...I just...," she stammered nervously.

The look on Harry's puzzled face made her guilty. She panicked and ran up the stairs. Why would she do that?, Harry asked as he stood frozen, his eyes scanning the room, Did I say something wrong?

"Harry," Mrs. Weasley's voice croaked. "I think you should sit down."

Ginny's brothers and Hermione left to return upstairs to comfort Ginny. Harry took a seat on a chair as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley took a seat on the adjacent couch.

****

"What do you mean she's lost her memory?'" Harry shouted surprised.

Mrs. Weasley took a quick glance at Mr. Weasley and gave him a look. Mr. Weasley suddenly felt uneasy and shifted his weight on the couch. Harry was impatiently waiting for an answer.

"Remember the letter that was sent to us that declared she was brain dead? Well, that moment, she lost her memory," Mr. Weasley replied.

Harry's eyes began to glow. Mrs. Weasley jumped.

"Harry, dear, what's going on with your eyes?" she asked.

"Ah!" he groaned. "Sorry, every since this potion Auror Lun gave me, my power's been radiating out of my eyes."

"Oh...okay," Mr. Weasley said as he nodded.

"You know...," Harry started as he stood up, grabbed his coat, and walked towards the door, "this is all too much for me to handle, I think I should go."

Ron rushed up in front of Harry and closed the door.

"Wait!" Ron shouted. "Harry, please stay! You've been gone for ten years! We've got so much to catch up on!"

Harry took a glance around the room and took a deep breath.

"Fine. I have a two-week vacation before I go back to work again," Harry sighed.

Harry's eyes returned to their normal green and Hermione brought him over to the couch. Ron and Hermione cuddled together as Harry waited for them to say something.

"Harry, remember that announcement Hermione and I were talking about?" Ron asked.

"Oh yea...," Harry said.

"Well...here it goes...Harry, Hermione and I are getting married!" Ron announced.

Harry stared at them with a smile.

"Well...that's...that's great!" Harry coughed. "I'm so proud of you guys!"

"Harry, are you alright? You look...pale," Hermione said.

"I'm fine...and if there's anything wrong it's probably the jet lag," Harry reassured her.

"What's 'jet lag?'" Ron asked.