Appointments and Disappointments

"You killed them. You killed them all," a voice wickedly repeated over and over in Harry's mind.

"No I didn't!" Harry shouted in denial. "I didn't kill them!"

"Oh, yes...you did!" the voice taunted. "If you don't believe me, let me show you!"

The dank abandoned subway filled with battles between wizards. Harry rushing up to them with a wand in his hand. Killing curse after killing curse each wizard he struck collapsed.

"I didn't do it!" Harry shouted once more.

"Oh yes you did! Why else would you have this memory?" the voice asked.

Harry woke up in the middle of the night. That same nightmare had interrupted his sleep. He crept down the stairs - making sure that he didn't awake anyone - and looked at the clock. It was six thirty in the morning. Knowing that no one would be awake until seven or later, Harry returned to his bed and fell asleep.

****

After Harry fell asleep, Ginny, Hermione, and Ron all closed his door and followed each other down to the living room.

"So, why is Harry going to sleep?" Ginny asked as she descended down the stairs.

"I don't know...something about a muggle term called 'jet lag,'" Ron muttered.

"Ginny, Harry was in a war for ten years while you were...asleep. He fought in America. He was so used to the American time zone, that when he returned, his mental clock was so used to the American time, that he sleeps at different times than us. It'll take him a while to get used to the time here," Hermione explained.

Once they took a seat in the living room, they continued to talk about Harry.

"So, he had a crush on me?" Ginny asked.

"Basically," Ron shrugged.

"I wish I remembered him. All I remember about him is...nothing. It must hurt," Ginny sighed.

"It does, but this is life and you've got accept any vicissitudes that life throws at you," Hermione said.

"What's a 'vicissitude?'" Ron asked.

"It's a sudden change in circumstances. It's generally not good," Hermione replied.

"Why does he love me?" Ginny asked.

"That's a good question!" Ron laughed.

Hermione elbowed him.

"Ron!" she silently whispered.

"Sorry!" he chuckled.

"You're just going to have to ask him that yourself. We don't know why," Hermione said.

"I definitely will ask," Ginny smiled as she thought about love.

****

"Ginny, don't forget to take your potion before you leave!" Mrs. Weasley reminded her.

"I know, mum," she said.

"I'll be back in a few hours. You'll see me when you get back," she told Ginny.

"Alright," Ginny murmured, lost in thoughts.

Mrs. Weasley exited the Burrow and aparated to Diagon Alley. Hermione and Ron shuffled down the stairs with dark circles under their eyes. Ginny laughed at their appearances.

"What were you guys doing last night?" she asked.

"Nothing of your concern, Gin," Ron irritably spat.