Chapter 2: The Labyrinth

Kaka began to walk down hill. When he reached the bottom, he saw a short man standing near a pond drinking something from a leather canteen. "Um, excuse me . . .?"

"Oh, uh excuse me!" The man said. His was short, and bald; he wore short, orange pants and a navy shirt; a satchel of jewels hung from his belt. He stood up. "Oh, it's you!"

"I need to get through the labyrinth; can you help me?" Kaka asked.

The man picked up a small devise and aimed it for a fairy that flew by his face.

"How cool, a fairy!" Kaka gasped.

The man shot the fairy with a puff of gas. "Fifty-seven!"

"How could you?!" Kaka walked to the downed fairy and picked it up in his hands. "Poor thing." He turned to the man. "You monster." Kaka scolded the short man. " . . Ouch! It bit me!" He cried, dropping the fairy

"hmph! What did you expect fairies to do?" The man said.

"I thought they did nice things." Kaka said. "I don't know, like. . . Like granting wishes."

"Shows what you know, doesn't it?" He shot down another fairy. "Fifty-eight!"

"How horrible," Kaka sighed.

"No! I'm Krillin. And who are you?" The man pointed toward the saiyan boy.

"Kakarott."

"That's what I thought. Fifty nine!" Krillin said.

"Do you know the way through the labyrinth?" Kaka asked.

"maybe. . .Ha! Sixty!"

"Well, where is it?"

"Sixty one!" Krillin jumped with excitement at his new record.

"I said, where is it?" Kaka yelled.

"Where's what?"

"The door!"

Krillin looked slyly over his shoulder "What door?"

"It's impossible trying to ask you anything!" Kaka placed his hands on his hips in agrivation.

"Not if you ask the right questions."

Kaka thought for a moment ". . .How do I get into the labyrinth?" He demanded.

"that's more like it." Krillin walked past Kaka to a large door. "You get in, through there. . ." He pointed to the door and it instantly opened. "You uh, really going in there?"

Kaka stepped toward the door. "I'm afraid I have to. Yeah." He walked through the door to a path leading left to right made of bricks. The walls were covered in vines and dead plants.

"Crazy isn't it? Ha!" Krillin jumped from behind the young saiyan, startling him. "Now, would you go left, or right?"

Kaka looked both ways. "I don't know. They both look the same. Which way would you go, Baldie?"

"It's Krillin! And I personally wouldn't go either way!"

"If that's all the help your going to be, then you can just leave!" Kaka yelled.

"You know what your problem is? You take too many things for granted. Take this labyrinth for example. Even if you get to the center, you'll never get out again!" Krillin walked past Kaka and slammed the door behind him.

Kaka walked down the left side of the path. He stepped over broken limbs and stumps, dodged vines and twigs. His paced began to speed up. "What does he mean, labyrinth? There's no turns or anything. It just goes on and on in a straight line!" He leaned against the wall with a sigh.