In the Imagination

Fanfic Bootcamp Rank: Specialist
Word Count: 500
~
Virgil has been stuck in Thomas's imagination before. He has never been stuck when Roman was in full creative control. He knew that when Roman took control, it emulated his emotions. And Virgil had a he wasn't having a good day because there was no way that Roman would be able to create such a creature if he wasn't anything but depressed.

The thing chasing him was at least twenty feet tall, with steps that covered nearly ten of Virgil's strides. It was entirely black with almost shadowy features and an inky build. It's claws tore through the stone around them like it was nothing, and threatened him with each swipe getting closer and closer.

Virgil kept running, not bothering to look back in fear of slowing down. Adrenaline coursed through his veins as he sidestepped falling rubble in an attempt to escape. The dagger in his hand almost felt heavy as he pushed on. He didn't want to have to use it; all of the imagination was directly tied to Roman in a way. He was nervous about what part he'd hurt if he tried to kill the thing behind him.

The wall in front of him collapsed, and Virgil rushed to climb over the debris. He could almost touch the light leading outside the castle walls right on the other side. But the creature had other ideas, grabbing his ankle and pulling him back. Virgil tried not to scream through gritted teeth as tight claws dug into his muscles and threatened to take his entire foot off. He turned and threw the dagger in a last attempt to get it off of him. It landed right in its eye, and the creature let out a blood curling scream as it let Virgil go.

Virgil scrambled to get over the edge of the pile before inspecting his leg. It was bleeding rather profusely, so he tore off two patches from his jacket to stop bleeding until Patton could look at it. One to cover the wound, another ripped into strips to tie it together. He tried to stand, and found he still could despite the pain, so he moved on to the outside.

Straight into a war zone.

Roman must really have some internal turmoil to create World War 2 before Virgil's eyes. Planes flew overhead with various men shooting from both trenches. The only way he could get through it and back to the others was a small rope bridge that connected the former castle to the other side of the imagination. It looked old too, so Virgil made sure to suck it in before he started across. One step followed by the next.

He was about halfway across when the creature came out of the ruin. He looked mad with red in his eyes as he swiped, taking out one side of the bridge. Virgil grabbed for the edge, but just barely missed.

So he was falling straight into No Man's Land with no hope to survive.