04

To say Athena was nervous to meet Tom for brunch was an understatement. Her hands were naturally warm and sweaty so the situation was not helping her and her case. The girl sat in a pile of clothes in the middle of her walk-in closet. She separated the clothes into a 'definitely not' pile and a 'it's definitely an option' pile. Athena let out an inhuman noise as she fell onto her clothes and sprawled her arms out.

"That's it. I'm just going to go naked. I officially give up." Athena said before she turned onto her stomach and let out a scream into the clothes. The girls phone started to ring and she rolled over to pick it up to see she was getting a call from Lola. "What?" Athena asked frustratedly.

"Zendaya and I heard your scream from our apartments. If you've forgotten, it is eight in the morning and I live under you and Daya lives next to you. We can hear you." Lola complained over the phone while Athena rolled her eyes and put her phone on speaker and stood up to go through what was remaining in her closet.

"I'm sorry. I'm just stressing out right now. I really have no reason to be, but like I am. I want to make a good first impression." Athena stated as she pulled out her good pair of jeans that she thought made her ass look exceptional.

"Holy shit—I'm so sorry I forgot. We both forgot. Fuck a duck. I'll be there in a second." Lola said panicked. Athena could hear how Lola sprung out of her bed and how she moved around the apartment.

"It's okay. I didn't want to wake you guys. Go back to bed I'm sure I'll figure it out." Athena stated before a knock came from her front door. She quickly got up from the pile of clothes and opened the door to see Zendaya standing there. "I'll see you in a second, Lolz." Athena hung up the phone and looked at Zendaya with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Thin walls. Let's get this figured out. Are you going to wear those jeans that make your ass look exceptional?" Zendaya asked as she barged into the apartment and straight for Athena's closet.

"Yeah, obviously. It's almost like you're my best friend or something." Athena laughed before Lola came running to the front door panting.

"The elevator took too long so I sprinted up the stairs and all the way here." Lola said which made Athena laugh.

"If it wasn't for you two, I would probably be crying in my pile of clothes." Athena laughed before her and Lola met up with Zendaya in the closet.

"Ooh, wear those jeans—"

"—that make her ass look exceptional. Trust me. She is." Zendaya cut Lola off. "Lola, work on the outfit, I'll do hair, and go start on your makeup, Thena." Lola and Athena did a salute jokingly before they went their separate ways.

••••••••••

Athena stood and looked at herself in the mirror once more while her two best friends stood behind her smiling widely. She made sure to look at her ass from all angles, like she always did before she went in public. Her phone dinged and Zendaya dove across the couch to grab it.

"He said he's here. You're welcome for this, by the way. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Do what Lola does. She's a prude." Zendaya joked which resulted in her getting hit in the arm by Lola.

"Thank you guys so much. Don't think too much about this. This is literally the first time we are meeting. I love you guys." Athena pulled her friends into a hug and kissed their cheeks. "I'll be back in like two hours. Go back to bed and I'll tell you how it went when I get back. Bye, my loves." Athena grabbed her phone from Zendaya and quickly walked out the door.

Lola and Zendaya looked at each other once the door closed and gave each other a high five before walking to Athena's room and falling onto the bed.

Athena walked out of her apartment complex to see Tom waiting outside in his car. He quickly got out of his car and walked over to Athena with a wide smile.

"Hey. It's so good to finally meet you, Athena." Tom said as he shook her hand.

"It's good to meet you, too. I don't know what all Daya has told you about me, but I'm sorry in advance." Athena laughed before Tom opened the passenger side door and gestured for her to get in. "Such a gentleman, Holland."

"I try, O'Brien." Tom laughed as he shut the door and went back around to the passenger side. "So how is it playing the infamous Veronica Lodge on Riverdale?"

"You watch Riverdale?" Athena asked, shocked.

"Yes. It's an iconic show on set. Zendaya would always make us watch it during breaks. Will you please tell me who killed Jason?" Tom asked which made Athena laugh.

"One, I hate her. Two, I would never. You'll just have to wait and see." Athena smiled at the boy.

"So how is it playing the infamous web-slinger?" Athena reversed the question back onto Tom.

"Crazy. Never would have imagined it." Tom replied. "We should hang out more. It'd be fun. Since I own your ass and all."

"Oh, my god. Someone hit me with a bus—," Tom laughed, "I literally can't stop making this worse. We don't talk about that. Ever." Athena shoved her face into her hands as her cheeks blushed a shade of red.

"What are you talking about?" Tom and Athena laughed. "But seriously. You seem cool from what I have seen and what Zendaya has told me."

"Yes, for sure. Just let me know when and I'm there."

••••••••••