Thirteenth Chapter

LAUREN

I kept tapping my fingers on the steering wheel nervously while driving at full speed.

12:03 AM

Oh God.

Please be awake. Please be awake. I silently prayed.

Then I saw their gate.

Paano kung nakalock?

"Sht," I cussed. I hit the brake and jumped out of my car.

I stared at their gate. Walang nakabukas na ilaw. Now what?

"Camila!" I whispered shouted. "Camz!"

I resisted the urge to knock on the gate. I clenched my fist while staring at Camila's house, at Camila's room window to be particular. The lights are off.

"Camila!" I whispered shouted again. I crouched and picked a pebble. With all my might, I threw the pebble aiming at Camila's window. I missed.

"Crap!" I cussed. "Damn that tree!" Minura ko ang puno na nakaharang sa bintana ni Camila. A tree.

I bit my lip as an idea came to my head.

"That will be dangerous, Jauregui," I whispered to myself with clenched teeth. 

I rubbed my sweating palms on my pants, breathing heavily. I jumped and grabbed the edge of the gate. "Oh God.." I pulled myself up and jumped to the other side, inside the Cabello's property.

They should get a dog, honestly.

I approached the large tree that would, hopingly, get me to Camila's room.

I climbed it, scraping my palms slightly, from branch to brach. Gripping the branches for my dear life, until I reached the branch near Camila's window, thick enough to hold me, I guess.

The room is dark, no sign of someone awake. Camila's probably sleeping.

I tapped the glass window. "Camz?"

No answer. I tapped louder.

There's a movement. "Please, please, please."

I tapped again, my fingers shaking. It's getting cold.

Umilaw ang loob ng kwarto ni Camila, and she's there, her hair is messy, her eyes are bloodshot, and in a minute she stared at me blankly. She literally looked like a zombie and I fell inlove more.

Nang marealize niya kung sino ako ay agad niyang binuksan ang bintana and asked, "Lauren?" her voice was hoarse. Like she's been crying for hours. And a pang of guilt hit me. Maybe she did cry for hours.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. NOW WHAT? Halos liparin ko ang pagpunta dito, hindi pala ako handa. Ano ang sasabihin ko sakanya? Ano nga ba ang ginagawa ko dito? STUPID. All I know is I want to talk to her.. but about what?

"Lauren," her voice is raspy, and I can hear the anger in it, it hurts hearing her like that. "Anong trip 'to?"

"I..Uh.." FUCK!

Camila raised her eyebrow.

"Can I borrow your guitar?" I asked and bit my lip immediately after saying that. I gripped the branch tighter.

Camila frowned. "You came here.. to borrow my.. guitar?" she asked with disbelief. "Pinagtritripan mo ba ko?"

"No!" I said quickly. "Please?"

She ran her fingers through her hair before turning and walking across the room to get her guitar without saying a word.

Inabot niya sakin yung gitara, "thanks," I muttered, I hugged the guitar to prevent it from falling.