20

"The trial has to be today?"

"Jungkook, I made it the last day possible. So yes, it has to be today. Please stop complaining and just get this over with. Be strong Jungkook." Jin hyung had gotten on his suit, along with Taehyung and Jungkook. "You know everyone will be there, so just...be good."

"I'm going to be silent and in the background, while ignoring everyone until it's over."

"Maybe you should not do that, and maybe be a little less childish?" Taehyung was fixing Jungkook's tie, taking the matter seriously.

"I don't want to be there, why should I act like I want to?"

"Common courtesy?" Jin smiled.

"Don't play word games with me."

"Caught me red handed."

Taehyung smiled at the familiarity of teasing and bad puns. "Come on guys lets go." Jin nodded and teleported them separately to the trial.

"Ah, okay, too many people, I'm staying close to the farthest wall until it begins." Jungkook walked away immediately, looking around, avoiding people and press. He didn't want to speak to anyone currently, since he's already straining himself. He hadn't eaten a real meal since Jin cooked for him a week ago, and he had been running more. At least he took a shower last night though. Jungkook walked towards the wall he promised himself he'd be at, to find himself disappointed when someone else was already there.

The person looked at him, making both of them open their eyes in surprise, before Jungkook turned tail and fled. "Jungkook! Jungkook, hold up, wait! I want to talk to you!"

Jungkook ran away from the girl, trying to blend in with the crowd, trying to find another conveniently insignificant wall to hide against, but she was persistent. She tracked him, following like a fox as he darted away, passing Jin hyung who was talking to press and laughing, and Taehyung who was involving himself with another group at the moment. So many people...

Jungkook ran to the men's bathroom, before hearing her yell after him. "Don't run away from me! I just wanna talk!"

Jungkook hid in a stall, feeling like this was highschool all over again, as he heard voices.

"Jimin...you can't keep crying, otherwise you'll never be able to get through the trial."

"Hoseok hyung, I-I'm sorry, but can you not tell me to s-stop crying? You're not helping."

"Jimin, just get your shit together. You can do it. He's gunna be here of course, and you're strong enough to talk to him. But if he doesn't want to, don't force him. Give him all the time in the world."

"But I just wanna fucking love him again..."

"And you will. Just...one day."

"Yeah, sure. He'll never forgive me and-  ow!" Jungkook heard a smack. "That hurt!"

"Stop crying like a fucking baby! Stay positive! You have a soulmate, and he's kind. Give him time, and karma will come around, and things will get better. So shut the fuck up, and get ready for the trial." Jungkook heard Hoseok leave the bathroom.

"S-sorry you had to hear all that, whoever's in here..." Jimin spoke softly, sniffing having stopped. The door opened again, and Jungkook heard her again.

"Jungkook, I swear to god, if you don't come out right now, I will write more about you. Just because I'm a journalist doesn't mean you have to run away from me, you brat."

"J-Jungkook?" Jimin's voice made Jungkook's heart lurch.

"Yeah. Have you seen him? Or did he do some weird magic and find a window to climb out of again."