My Hero

It was about 6 in the morning when i woke up. it was another one of those sleepless nights again. i stretched my arms above my head and scratched the little sleep i had from my eyes. I had about another 2 hours to slack off before i had to be on campus so i showered threw on my blue jeans and black T. I grabbed my favorite black scarf and rapped it around my neck as a puff of frost escaped my lips.

I straightened out my bed and sighed at the sight of what looked like ice crystals shattered across the headboard. its been the same every night. i cant sleep and when i finally do its time to get up. These nightmares have been getting worse. Ive been to doctors specialists you name it, none have been able to help me. another puff of crystalized air came from my lips but was caught it my scarf.

i stared at the frost for a moment and then brushed it away. that alone feeling washed over me and i shook it off like i normally do. i looked at the clock and i had about 15 more minutes to spare. i grabbed my bags and decided i would just go early to avoid walking into caleb on my way to campus. i grabbed my keys and locked the door behind me as i rushed to the quiet streets.

My hands started to shiver and another puff of frost was released. i pulled my scarf over my nose and grabbed my gloves from my bag. my book of sketches fell out and i quickly picked it up and threw it back in. its all that damn books fault im in a mess. i slipped my first glove on and picked up the pace walking towards the front gates.

If i hadnt pulled that stupid book out in the first place he wouldnt have found out and i wouldnt be getting teased. i slipped put the second glove and angrily adjusted my strap on my shoulder. i looked down at my scarf to see more frost had formed and i grumbled flicking it off.

Bump~~

I grabbed my head sitting up on the ground. 'what did i hit geez' i looked up to see a tall body standing above me. He was wearing a red and black striped vest with black jeans and red and black vans. My heart stopped when he turned to look at me. Marcus tilted his head over his shoulder and looked down at me with boredom.

I felt my heart beat like a drum in my chest and i stood up and bowed my head. " I... sorry" i looked down at the ground. i clasped my hands together and laid them gently in front of my thighs. ' im such an idiot!' i thought. Marcus turned his attention to me and took a few steps closer stopping in front of me.

I looked up at him and saw that he was coming closer to my face. I froze for a minute but began to lean back. He stopped and cocked his head at me curiously. what was he doing?!?? He wasnt trying to kiss me was he!!? My heart at this point was about to burst. My cheeks burned as i stared deeper into his dark red rosed eyes.

He lent down and picked up my bag and handed it to me with a slight smile. I felt my face grow hotter. i thought he was going to kiss me. i was relieved but at the same time disappointed. I gently took my bag and placed it over my shoulder and looked away trying to hide my blush. Thank thor i always wear a scarf. i pulled it up higher until it was just above my cheeks lining under my eyes.

i managed to mumble thank you without releasing the crack in my voice that threatened to come out. Marcus was quiet for a moment but then walked closer to me. He stood next to me and dropped his head and threw his hands in his pockets. "hmm" he mumbled.

i guess his way of saying your welcome. i could still hear my heart pounding as he stood next to me. i kept my eyes glued to the ground and tensed up at the awkward silence.

" where have you been?" I looked up at marcus who still had his head facing down. his hair blew gently across his face making me shiver a bit.

just looking at him gives me this weird feeling i grasped my bag tighter as i stared at his beautiful face. He opened one eye and glared. I jumped and bit and quickly looked away. " i- i uhh.." He lifted his head and i cowered back. he looked at me strangely before brushing his hair back with his fingers. His hair gracefully fell back into place as if he hadnt messed with it at all. i felt my knees buckle and i quickly straightened my posture hoping he hadnt noticed.