A Warning

If someone told me, that some kind of apocalypes will happen tommorow, I would have told then they are nuts, a cocoo head even, Boy I was wrong.

It started with a normal day, going on my daily routine, wake, take a shower, Get dress, make my breakfast, then off to work. It was midday when it happen, As I was talking to my boss (for more than seven years mind you) about the recent budget cut for one of our department, we heard something, at first we just ignored it, but then suddenly we heard several car crashing into each other. When we finally took a look outside, It was pure chaos, people screaming, car crashing, people trampling each other to get away from something.

We were evacuated outside the building and adviced to follow the military personel, beside me is a co-worker and a friend Edward. We tried to get an information on whats going on, but the only respond we got is that the goverment is handling the situation, they didn't give any indication on what is the government is handling.

Having been held in a place ( Underground bunker) without knowing whats happening around us, gives me a foreboding feeling, that something is un natural in accuring, not some kind of terrorist attack or a natural dissaster.
The first indication is the atmosphere, it felt heavy with the sence of dread add with the unnatural stillness around us. Second are the soldier, the look on their face, Im not an expert on reading at people, but the look on those soldier's face, they are confuse and frightened even if they are trying to hide it. And lastly the sounds of thousand of foot running above us, at first we thought it was another group of evacue, but its been 4 hours of non stop running, we tried to ask the soldiers guarding us, even they are confuse. After an hour listening of thousand running footep above us, something happened, at first we felt the floor below us grumbling ,then we heard  some one scream from our group, the we saw it, hands- skeletal, rotten hands, trying to crawl out of the floor below us.

People around us start panicking, running around the place, wanting to get away from the things breaking through the concrete. Soldiers around us trying to handle the situation in vain tried to call some back up through their radios but they only received static in respond. Confuse and scared as the undead finally break through the ground trying to grasp anything they can reach, the soldiers finally open the vault door.

Suddenly Edward yank me out of my daze state, drag me into the entrance since we are near the door, we came out first without looking back we ran through the tunnel system into the outside. When we got out I almost fell to my knee, the scene outside was worse than the vault, its like a apocalyptic movie but we arent in the movie. The sky is very dark  with a storm clouds and red hue peeking between the storm clouds. People screaming in hysteria , fire everywhere, cars crashed or abandoned in the middle on the road then we saw all of the undead also running chasing some on the people but the thing is there are only few corpses who is chasing the living most on them are running not even awknowleding the living they pass by, they seems more afraid than the living.

"What do we do now?" I heard Edward ask me whisking me away with my musing.