III

As soon as we walked in we were greeted with a dark figure.

"ID please."

I looked at the figure, he was an older man with a black hooded cloak on to keep the sun from grazing his face. He was definitely the gatekeeper.

Gatekeepers were created for supernaturals, their one goal in life is to protect young supernaturals and help keep peace with the humans.

I quickly gave Mr. Gatekeeper my and Levi's ID cards.

"Huh, you've got 2 symbols. You a hybrid?"

"Yeah, a werepire."

"Huh, so we've got 2 of the rarest breed now?"

"There's another werepire enrolled?"

"Yeah, she's a pretty good student. Anyway," a guy with tiny horns approached us, "this is Lucifer. Lucifer, Astrid and Gabriel." We all shook hands and Levi corrected his name. "Lucifer is an angel and demon's son, he'll be showing you around."

We followed Lucifer as he walked away.

"An angel/demon nephalem. That's rare." Levi said.

"Well, I'm 'one strong bastard', as those who've tried to kill me have said." Lucifer replied, "Anyways, you two will be in separate rooms. Levi, you'll be in my room, regrettably. And Astrid, you'll share with Alexandra and Amber. Alexandra is a mixed vampire and you'll get along with Amber, she's a werepire."

I'm excited to meet Amber. I hope she likes me.

"Alright, so the building that has the skywalk is the dorms on one side and a supernatural library on the other, some of the people here can't stay in the sun for too long so there's a skywalk. And the other building is the cafeteria. They have everything you'd ever need. Umm, rules.. no drinking human blood, only supplements or animals that aren't pets. Night class isn't permitted in the day class dorms and the day class isn't permitted into the night class area. Night class starts at 8 PM and goes until 11 PM."

"Class is only 3 hours?" I asked astonished.

"Well of course, we don't learn much, it's usually just a hangout of everyone. We are supposed to bring books from our library and learn about our and other species."

"Oh, okay. Is everyone in the same class?"

"You're allowed to go to any classroom you want to. I usually skip class and practice my skills, but since I'm supposed to show you both around I'll go for the rest of the week."

"Thanks."

Lucifer walked into the dorm building, "So as you see on your ID, Astrid, you're in room 20A which means room 20 on floor A. There's floors A, B, C, and D. Girls are in even rooms and guys are in odd rooms. So Levi and I are in 19A. They try to have family members close to each other."

I nodded trying to remember all the information I was given.

"So the dorm rules are really simple. Males and females aren't allowed to be in the same room after class, and in the day the door is to be open, but no one enforces those rules. No loud sounds, be respectful, you know the basics." Lucifer quickly rattled off. "Oh and um, if you ever start bleeding, report it. The vampires here aren't all very... nice." He slowed to a stop in front of 2 rooms. "Here we are, your rooms, we'll drop off Levi first and then I'll introduce you to Amber and Alex."

"Okay."