Flowered Fights

It was funny, how easily something could change. Alexander remembered his last awakening to be peaceful, serene, something he wouldn’t mind actually having every morning. Hey, if he were to have a decent waking-up experience, wouldn’t he have to go to sleep to do so? Perhaps. Even still, this morning was far different. (Technically, it shouldn’t even be called a morning. It was well into the afternoon now, do you really expect them to sleep through the entire day?) Alexander could tell that he wasn’t even supposed to wake up at the time, the only thing waking him up being the sudden burn in his throat, a built up pressure that’s common in sickness. Alexander coughed into his hand, it being more of a hack than anything, as if he was some sort of smoker hacking out a lung. He had to squint to notice the discoloration on his hand, his fuzzy eyes not doing much good for him when it comes to literally anything. God, he needed coffee. After a moment of sporadic blinking, he finally noticed that the discoloration was a new blotch of red, almost directly in the palm of his hand. He cocked an eyebrow, bringing his other hand over to wipe at the liquid with his ring finger. Blood. Alexander paused for a moment, allowing it to actually register in his mind, before stumbling out of bed, walking around it to shake at Thomas’s shoulders, of whom was still asleep.

If he were to be honest, he was terrified. He didn’t know what coughing up blood meant, he never had internal bleeding. Well, he had once, but that was a while ago. And, even then, it was caused by something physical. An attack, a stab. He remembered that. However, this felt different. Nothing happened last night, other than them having sex. And even then, it wasn’t any rougher than usual. Something felt different. Something felt wrong. Which, is what was having a shiver rush down Alexander’s spine, its own form of terror. Its own /proof/ of terror. Other than the scratchiness of his throat, the only other thing he could even think of being a correlation was a burning sensation in his heart, probably from the expired Lucky Charms. Which, was why he was now shaking the Virginian in front of him so much quicker, with wanton disregard of waking the other up or not causing pain.

“Jefferson.”
Alexander’s voice had easily escaped his lips as a sort of hiss than anything else, nothing relating to a sickening anxiety showing in his tone. If anything, it must have seemed like he was irritated with the other, for no apparent cause. Of course, it’s not something that was unusual, but Alexander wished for once that his voice would actually display what he wanted it to when Thomas swatted him away, a deep groan leaving his lips.
“Mm, fuck off. Y’aint wakin’ me up for seconds.”
Alexander scoffed, rolling his eyes. Of course Thomas would think this was about sex. Though, in all honesty, it wasn’t like he was surprised. Alexander was perfectly aware that sex was all he was good for, everything in his life had pointed towards that. Nevertheless, that wasn’t quite the matter. Alexander hummed, now shifting to sit in the others lap.
“I’m scared, I need your help.”

With that, and to Alexander’s surprise, Thomas actually got up, a look of unadulterated concern written over his face. Alexander was sure he knew what was running through the taller male’s mind – at least, he had enough of an idea. It didn’t take a genius to put the dots together, and even if it did, Alexander wasn’t an idiot – as much as he loved to preach. Jefferson let a small sigh grace from his lips, a palm running their way into his eyes in an attempt to rub the sleep out of them. The sight caused a small, hopeless smile to play on Alexander’s lips. He felt a sort of fluttering in his stomach, before he coughed again, into his fist this time. When he drew back, he was once again greeted with the red hue, and it didn’t take long before he heard a soft gasp from another mouth that wasn’t his own. He looked up at Thomas, his own eyes wide and slightly glossy because, shit, was he going to die? Was this his due date? Alexander parted his lips to speak, but by then, his hands were already engulfed in a larger pair and being pulled away for inspection.