The arrivals

A young elf shifted uncomfortably on his feet as he waited alongside other new arrivals at the gates of Skylanders Academy. He was wearing his deep blue hair in a short pony tail, and a bright head blindfold over his eyes. He had on an orange leather chain mail mix shirt and brown pants, and a brown pair of boots with orange gems in the soles. He carried a golden colored bow with a glowing orange bowstring, and had a quiver full of arrows on his back. He didn't have many belongings, so he had a small satchel containing all he owned. Despite the scar on his face, he could be considered quite handsome.  However, he hated crowds. There were just too many other people around here than he would have liked. "Why did I have to listen to that wizard..." He mumbled to himself. He was out of his league, and way out of his comfort zone. He tried staying hidden from view as the crowd only got bigger.

Nearby, someone else tried to stay out of view, but not because she hated crowds. She just hated what they might think about her. She was a dragon, her scales a very light purple-ish color along with a scarlet underbelly. She wore metal bracelets that matched her silver horns and claws.  Her light blue eyes darting uncomfortably as she prayed no one would notice her. She heard a group of people approaching her. She panicked and turned into a shadow out of habit, the three other cadets continuing to laugh and chat as they walked by. They didn't even notice the dragon shaped shadow they were walking over. One was a blue turtle with a thick spiky shell and an swirl symbol on his forehead, along with a mushroom with a red cap and brown cyclops eye, and a little blue robot with small claw hands and a copper colored wind-up key in his head. The dragon decided it was best to stay hidden as a shadow until the gates opened, so she carefully slipped over to a shadier spot to hide.

In another area, an elven girl and woman were talking to each other. The woman had long white hair tied into twin braids. She wore a brown outfit with silver buckled bands, and a long flowing blue cloak. And to top it off, her headwear was compromised of enough different kinds of fruit to make the ultimate fruit salad. At her side stood a young elven girl, about fifteen, wearing a brown crop top, a short brown skirt, leggings and boots to match. Her boots and gloves had gold buckled bands, and she wore a brown scarf around her neck. Her minty green skin was complimented by her deep blue hair, which was tied in a long braid, as her blank white eyes surveyed the area before her. "Do you have your blanket?" The woman asked. "Yes Cami," the girl replied. "Your tooth brush? Your clothes? Are you forgetting anything, Stealth?" She continued to ask. "Cami I'm fine!" Stealth said with a smile, "I've got everything we packed. I'm just a little nervous..." "Look Stealth," said Cami, "from the day I found you, and trained you, I knew you were destined for far greater things beyond the forest. Now is a good chance for you to have friends your age besides staying in the forest your whole life. You'll be fine, and if anyone judges you, I bet you'll have far more friends who'll have your back!" "Thanks Cami...," She said, "you're probably right. I've probably just got the jitters."

Inside the walls of the academy, a young dragon flew around excitedly. He had rich purple scales, orange horns and that matched his underbelly, and a golden dragon crest running down his back that matched the color of his claws. He had warm red eyes and a gleaming smile as he swooped and dived, before someone started calling his name. "Spyro!" Called Master Eon. Spyro didn't keep the wise Portal Master waiting too long as he swooped down to greet him.

The Portal Master had raised young Spyro from an egg, having come across him before he even hatched. Another dragon Eon had raised, named Spotlight, was like a sister to him, along with Eon's niece Aroura. Spyro was excited because it was finally his first day to begin studying at the Academy, and he was eager to make new friends on his journey to becoming a Skylander.

"The new arrivals are all outside as we speak," said Master Eon, "go tell Hugo  that we're getting ready to open the gates for everyone, let the professors know as well. "Yes sir!" Said Spyro, taking off into the air and flying towards the library. The sooner everyone else knew, the sooner everyone could come inside.