New dorms

There was a curfew at eleven, so many cadets we're all headed to settle into their rooms for the night. Spyro, though he could have stayed with Master Eon, asked if he could stay in a dorm like the other cadets. Eon had agreed, and assigned him one in the boy's dorm with the green roof.

His room was on the top floor, which was easily accessible from a dragon balcony installed on every floor, so it took him no time at all. "Room 402..." He repeated to himself as he walked down the hallway. A few other cadets were laughing at their room number, but Spyro didn't get how "420" could be that funny. He finally found his room and knocked on the door in case one of his roommates were already there. Each room was supposed to have four cadets each, with a few exceptions here and there.

No answer, so the dragon just shrugged and turned his key in the lock, before opening the door and walking inside, making sure to close and lock it. His roommates were already there, two of them anyway. They were too preoccupied by the game they were playing to almost not notice Spyro.

One of them was a short, furry orange gremlin, with three fingers on each hand, and long pointed rabbit-like ears. His tongue was hanging out as he laughed wildly, getting a much better score than the other player.

The other player happened to be a sky blue gillman. He had webbed ears, a fin running down his head, with two long sharp teeth coming up from his bottom jaw. He wore a navy blue uniform of sorts as he struggled to keep up with the gremlin's score.

"Hey look!" Shouted the gillman, "a flying rainbow sandwich!" "Where!? Where!?" The gremlin shouted. While he was distracted, the gillman used a power up that let him steal the other player's points, just as the round ended. "Not fair!" The gremlin yelled. "Sorry, but I thought you've had enough of your winning streak," the gillman replied. Then they suddenly noticed Spyro. "Oh! Sorry, man!" Said the gillman, "we get too caught up in our game sometimes. The name's Gill grunt, but you can just call me Gill." "And I'm Trigger happy!" The gremlin exclaimed, "or sandwich lover, I forgot which one..." "Sandwich lover is your gamer tag, Trigger..." Gill said. Spyro let out a laugh. "Spyro," he said, shaking Gill's webbed hand. "Did our fourth roomie get here?" Asked Spyro. "Don't know," said Gill. "It was just me and Trigger as far as we know." "He could just be extremely quiet!" Said Trigger, "one time, I was sleeping under a rock in the dessert, and I almost didn't notice the rare dessert scarab bunking with me that night. His name was buzzy, cool guy."

"He's most likely in your room," said Gill, "if he is here anyway. Trigger and I only went far enough to claim one of the bedrooms." "Spyro nodded, and went down the hall. Each dorm had a small living room, two bedrooms, and a bathroom, and that was about it besides one small storage closet in each of the four rooms.

Spyro apparently would share the room on the right, since he could already tell which one belonged to Gill and Trigger. The room on the left was already unorganized and cluttered. In the room on the right, it was still neat and tidy. As the dragon opened the door, the creak instantly made the elf inside jump. "Cool! Looks like we're roommates Flameslinger," said Spyro, "sorry about the door. Are you okay?" "I-I guess..." Said Flameslinger, "I'm just a little too easy to flinch." "Why don't you come out and meet the others?" Spyro suggested, "we'll all be sharing a dorm from now on." "I guess that's okay..." Said Flameslinger as he followed the dragon back into the living room.

Meanwhile, Cynder flew into the dragon balcony on the second floor of the girls dorm, with the red roof. Her room was on the far end of the hall, and since she didn't necessarily see anyone, she finally relaxed and walked down the hallway. "Hey look, it's her..." She heard someone say. She tried to shake it off, but the voice got closer. "That witch better not be my roommate," said the other voice, getting closer. Soon the Sphinx and gem dragon had cornered her and continued saying things like, "you shouldn't be here," or "you're a disgrace to dragons everywhere." She could have easily turned into a shadow and slipped away, but she didn't as they continue saying hurtful things.

"Hey! You two just shut up!" Another voice rang out. "Cynder turned to she an elf with minty green skin and a brown outfit, followed by a furry blue feathered dragon and a golden colored girl. The elf tapped her foot in annoyance as she scoffed at the gem dragon and Sphinx.

"Why does it matter to you what we say to her?" the Sphinx asked. "Because you're being real chompy heads about it, that's what!" Said the blue dragon. "Well life isn't fair, is it? This undead disgrace needs to go back where she came from," said the gem dragon, "she's nothing but trouble." "No, you two are nothing but trouble," said the gold girl, "it's ironic, you call her bad, when infact, you are the wrong doers at this moment in time." The gem dragon wanted to refute, but the goldling had made a valid point. "Fine, but it's going to take more than that to change my mind, come on Scratch," she said, she and the Sphinx walking away.

"Are you alright?" The elf asked, kneeling down to check on her. "Yeah," said Cynder, "I guess I just don't have the best reputation around here..." "They're all wrong, you'll see," said the elf. "Do want us to walk you to your room?" Actually, this is my room here," she said, pointing. "Well, my name is Stealth elf, and these are my new friends Sprocket and Whirlwind," she said, the three introducing themselves. "What's your name?" Sprocket asked. "Cynder..." She said shyly. "Well, it's nice to have you as our roommate, Cynder," said whirlwind with a smile. Stealth elf used her key to unlock the door, and she allowed everyone inside. Cynder smiled, "maybe this won't be as bad of a school year as I thought."