Chapter Three

Absquatulate:

(v.) to leave suddenly without saying goodbye

  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Beep.

I feel someone in the room, watching me. I am fading between reality and dream.

Beep.

I need to wake up. I don't want to wake up. I don't want this to be real.

Beep.

I start to open my eyes and hear a gasp. "Dr. Clayton, she's waking up!" I hear as the voice starts to recede.  I open my eyes all the way and look around. I'm in a hospital gown, sitting on a hospital bed, sitting in a hospital room. Why am I here? What happened?

"Hello Liv, I'm Dr. Clayton." my thoughts are interrupted by a man in a white lab coat walking into the room. "I am sure you have numerous questions, but let me start by saying you will be okay."

This is the moment I start to freak out. He did not say that I am fine, he said I "will be fine'. My breath starts to quicken and I feel faint. I do a scan down my body, looking for anything wrong. I have a brace on my wrist, but I sense that's not what he was talking about. My eyes travel down my legs than it hits me. I cant feel my left leg. At all. I lean forward and cringe at the pain in my back.

"Liv, when the tire blew, your car was thrown over the edge of the road. You were thrown out of the car and landed on a rock, bruising and breaking one of the bones in your spine. Your parents tumbled the rest of the way down, suffering countless injuries. You landed on your left leg first, shattering the bone. You hurt your head and lost consciousness." he explains.

I can not believe this. Why did this happen to me? "And my mom and dad?" I mumble, too scared to say it loudly in case what I'm thinking is true.

"Your father died on impact, and your mother was brought here with you, but declared brain dead within the first hour. You, however, got lucky. If you had not been thrown out of the car window, you would have died also." he answers.

I feel a tear slide down my cheek. They're gone. The only family I ever knew is gone. And I didn't even get to tell them goodbye.

"Your family wasn't found for two hours, but you were spotted just in time. You would have died if this man had not called us. We brought you into surgery, fixed your back, fixed your leg as best we could, and gave you brain surgery to stop your bleed. We were not sure if you would wake up or not." the doctor continues.

"How long was I out for?" I question.

"Two days, today is Saturday," he responds. "But the young man who brought you in refused to leave your side until you woke up; he is outside the room if you want to see him." I nod, and he motions the man to come inside.

Once again, I start to feel faint. My breathing becomes shorter as the man walks in. It isn't just any man, it is Etio, the guy from my school. He smiles and walks over to my bed. This is not okay, he really is a creepy stalker dude. I  try to get up, but I can not hold my weight, causing me to fall back down.

The room starts to spin and the doctor brings in other nurses who try to calm me down. They keep trying to push my shoulders down but it isn't working. The beeping monitor quickens as I finally push myself up, breathing heavily. Etio comes to my side, telling me to sit down. He catches me right as I start to fall. My leg can't hold my weight, so he scoops me up and puts me back in the bed.

Etio helps the nurses hold me down and somebody runs over to my multiple tubes. She inserts a dark liquid into whatI assume is my main tube and I suddenly start to feel tired. "What's happening to me," I murmur as my eyes drift shut.

"We have given you some medicine to help you sleep Liv," I hear the doctor explain as he walks towards the door.

My eyes shut completely and I feel myself drift off. I hear the doctor speaking to Etio and I use the last of my energy to listen to what they're saying. "Do you know her already? Who are you?" the doctor questions.

"I'm her half-brother" is the response and the last thing I hear before everything fades.

  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AN: So I was writing the second chapter and got kind of carried away so here is Chapter 3. I was about halfway through when I realized I was in the wrong tense, so I had to go back, but Wattpad is being glitchy. But anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Don't forget to Vote and Comment

-Grace