::Chapter 7::

Kuma peered through the bushes, pushing the branches out and away from her face. She was laying on the ground to keep hidden. Woody branches and sharp leaves went here and there around her head like a cage. Kisame was hanging back because he was too big to do the sneaky work. Her big brown eyes scanned the clearing in front of them.

Well... she didn't see the demon fox. It was just some big guy with a badly manscaped goatee talking to some blonde teenager. She couldn't believe it. Her nose could definitely smell fox around here. But it was a more ominous smell. Like a fox that could fight off a bear. If filled her with trepidation, how aggressive the scent was. It put her on edge. She sighed and made to crawl out of bush.

She got to her knees and turned to Kisame. "There's two people down there. A large older man and a teenage looking guy. But I swear, I smell a fox, and it has to be the Tailed Beast. I've never smelled a meaner fox in my life."

Kisame replied, looking past her as if he could see through the trees to the people, "That's the Eight Tails and the Nine Tails. You did well, good job." He patted her on the head, and peered over to the bushes to see for himself.

Kuma tilted her head and lifted an eyebrow. "Seriousely? But they didn't look any special? I'dve figured they'd look... peculiar or something."

He answered without looking at her, "That's them." Kisame turned and went back to Kuma. "The older one is named Killer B, and he's the Raikage's brother. He has a demon octopus-bull creature sealed in him. He's able to control his Tailed Beast and use it to his advantage. The other one is Naruto Uzumaki, and he's been a pain in my ass for a while now. As far as I know, he can't control his demon, and even more so, he's been avoiding using the demon's chakra at all costs."

Kuma looked up at Kisame and asked, "What do you mean for a while? You've come across Naruto Uzumaki before?".

"Many times. Unfortunately, I wasted the opportunity to kill him back then. It'll be much more difficult now."

Kuma nodded and scratched her head. "So what do we do now? Attack? Stay back and watch for a few days?".

Kisame sighed and thought for a moment. "It'd be unwise to try to take them on both at once. Killer B's an idiot but he's very skilled. And Naruto does nothing but surprise me."

"He's just a teenager!"

"Naruto took down Pein, and Kakuzu before that. He's got raw talent, and more dangerous than that, he has confidence."

Kuma rolled her eyes. "So we're going to hang back and keep an eye on them?".

Kisame replied, "Yes. We found them. That was the easy part. What we need to do is wait for a moment where either one of them is alone. Then we attack, capture, and take them back to Madara. This will be best if we can do it before the war begins."

He paused and continued, "Naruto Uzumaki is probably here to be trained by Killer B. The Leaf would love to have a jinchuriki who can control and use their demon. "

Kisame was right. Kuma thought it was pretty smart of the Hidden Leaf to trust the Cloud to train the Nine Tails. Talk about swallowing your pride. Kuma considered what waiting would entail. They'd have to trail these two guys for days, possibly weeks, without being caught. Goodness knows who else is with them, keeping guard on them. It'd be smart to guard these two. They'll be integral parts of the upcoming war. Well... they would have been.

She was going to hate having to watch someone without actually attacking them. 

Kuma looked to Kisame and said, "You know, this might get a little more complicated than we think."