::Chapter 28::

Two weeks later. Let the war games begin.

Kuma jumped from branch to branch with her comrades in front, beside, and behind her. Kakashi was leading the charge through the forest.  They had spotted a flare overhead, shot by the Surprise Attack Division, and were heading that way to help. Since the war had started that day, they hadn't fought anyone yet. 

Third Division was large and strong. Kuma was getting the itch to fight. The division had recognized Kakashi, Kuma, and Guy as leaders. She hadn't been so respected in a long time. It was a nice feeling. She was starting to lose her head though; if she didn't fight someone soon, she was going to have to slash up a tree.

The past two weeks had been pretty enjoyable. Their division was filled with talented and excited young ninjas, ready to prove themselves. After a brief moment of rivalry (The Mist fighting with the Stone), every got along fine.

Kakashi, Guy, and Kuma had divided the division up into thirds. When the signal was given, if ever necessary, Guy's men would follow him, and Kuma's would follow her. Hopefully that would never need to happen, though. 

Kakashi was a great leader. Kuma admired his laid back style. She wondered how she would fare, if she had been put in charge of thousands and thousands of ninjas. If she was being honest with herself, she'dve backed out of the position. Kuma knew herself very well. She always wanted to be the best, but that didn't mean that she wanted to be a leader. She knew that she didn't have good leadership skills; she was too rash to make the best decisions. Kuma felt that she was much more useful as an ally and a weapon, rather than a leader.

But if they ever needed to split up forces she'd take on the job, for the sake of her ninjas.

During their last day in Konoha, Kuma and Kakashi hung out in a tree. Sounds ridiculous, but Kuma remembered it fondly. It had been a good day. She took a nap on a branch and miraculously didn't fall. When she woke up, Kakashi's hand was on her shoulder but he was fast asleep as well. 

Kuma sat up after noticing the sunset. She pushed Kakashi gently on the chest to wake him up. His eyes slowly opened. Her face was close to his and she smiled wide and said loudly, "Is the sunset always this awesome here? It's like the sky's on fire!"

Kakashi turned his head to look and said, "Yeah... I suppose so. Aren't you glad you're here to watch it?"

Kuma repositioned herself on the tree so she could watch the sun without craning her neck. "Of course! It's hard to watch sunsets when you're locked in a tent 24/7."

Kakashi said, rather awkwardly, "Oh yeah. I'm sorry about that by the way. But that was before we all knew that you really weren't that bad."

Kuma shrugged, "I'dve done the same if an ex-Akatsuki came walking into my old Village."

The sun's rays were warm against her face. She felt her cheeks turning pink. Kuma nudged Kakashi with her elbow and said, "And I'm not just 'not bad'. I'm actually relatively wonderful. You'll just have to get to know me."

Kuma started swinging her legs, the way a child does when they're sitting in a chair too big for them. Kakashi replied, "We'll have plenty of time for that during the war. Besides, I think I know you well enough already."

The next thing that happened surprised and confused Kuma. 

Kakashi lurched forward and put his arm around her shoulders, as if she was about to fall, saying, "Woah now, keep your balance on this branch! Don't want you to break a leg before the war even starts!"