Chapter 1

My name is Luna Starcaster. I'm just an ordinary girl and I attend Lycanwood high. One day something happened to me that changed my life forever. It began on a day like today. There was a fog drifting through the treetops. As I was walking on the well traveled path I heard a crack.

After I heard the crack everything was silent. I saw the ghost of a wolf standing in front of me on the path. I thought to myself why am I seeing a ghost of a wolf ? And what is it doing here in Lycanwood? After I asked myself those questions, the wolf turned around and began to walk away from me, so I began to follow it through the woods. As I followed the wolf, it led me to a cave and kept walking toward the black entrance. I followed the ghost of the wolf into the dark cave. When I entered I couldn't see anything in the cave until a bright light began to glow in front of me. I noticed in an instant that it was the wolf.

As I continued to follow the wolf through the cave, I had some questions in my head. I asked why am I following a ghost of a wolf ?, where is it taking me?, and why can I see it? Then not too far ahead, I saw a light and thought finally a way out! When we reached the end of the cave it widened into a great cavern. In the middle of the cavern was a stone table and on that table lay a sword. A sword? I said, what's a sword doing here in a cavern?

I began to approach the sword, but the wolf stood in front of the stone table as if it was guarding it. I stopped in my tracks and soon after the wolf began to glow again. This time the light of the wolf was even brighter than the first time. As it glowed the wolf howled and ran toward me. It jumped at me and disappeared into my chest.

After it disappeared I was confused. I looked at the sword again and advanced toward it. I was drawn toward the sword like a magnet. It was all I could see. It was all that mattered. My hand was reaching out for it and when I touched it, it was warm. When I lifted the sword it began to glow.

After the sword's light diminished I turned away from the stone table and began to walk back the way I had come. When I exited the cave I began to walk home and thought that after I had seen the wolf and obtained the sword I would return to a normal life. But this was only the beginning.