The World Was Wide Enough

------------

BWAP! Thwap! Tim stumbled backward from the bullet that dug through his Kevlar. His side flared up in pain and he stumbled some more, dropping to his knees and clutching his wound in a desperate attempt to hold in the blood coming from his body. He felt really light headed. He had to keep fighting. He had so much to do- He had so much to learn- He struggled to his feet. He vaguely heard voices. He felt arms grabbing his. His vision was going blurry.

------------

I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory

Is this where it gets me, on my feet, sev'ral feet ahead of me?

I see it coming, do I run or fire my gun or let it be?

There is no beat, no melody

Burr, my first friend, my enemy

Maybe the last face I ever see

If I throw away my shot, is this how you'll remember me?

What if this bullet is my legacy?

------------

"Tim!" Dick? What was he doing- Right his family was with him. He was feeling cold. He needed to stay awake.

"You guys know I love you right? All of you?" He thought he heard vague affirmations so he continued. "I love guys so much. You're the best family I could have asked for." He racked his brain for what else he had to say as a bitter copper taste filled his mouth, "Make sure to save all my files."

------------

Legacy. What is a legacy?

It's planting seeds in a garden you never get to see

I wrote some notes at the beginning of a song someone will sing for me

America, you great unfinished symphony, you sent for me

You let me make a difference

A place where even orphan immigrants

Can leave their fingerprints and rise up

I'm running out of time. I'm running, and my time's up

------------

He knows that if he can have any chance of surviving this, he needs to stay awake. He's going to survive this. He knows he's not going to survive this. "Guys did you know that a lot of historical figures died from gunshots?" Morbid but you know, he can run with it. He vaguely heard sobbing and the Batmobile engine. "Actually so many it's kinda hard to name them all... I know there was Hamilton... Gandhi... JFK..." He looks at the roof of the car and silently adds himself to that list. "Another one was Van Gogh... Lincoln of course." He can somewhat make out the lights of the manor. They're almost there.

------------

Wise up. Eyes up

I catch a glimpse of the other side

Laurens leads a soldiers' chorus on the other side

My son is on the other side

He's with my mother on the other side

Washington is watching from the other side

Teach me how to say goodbye

------------

He let out a wheezing cough and felt blood come up. "That's... Not good. Uh... new topic... Jesus I'm so tired." He lets out a weak chuckle and he feels himself slipping. He sees the rocky cold interior of the Cave. He was so close... He lets out another weak laugh and some tears slip from him.

"I coul-" Another wheeze. "I could never sleep." A hacking cough that racked his body. "I can finally rest at least." Tim felt himself slipping and let the darkness envelop him.