41

"tom, i told you not to come here!" georgia angrily whispered to the curly haired boy and blonde girl standing in front of her in the grey, gloomy hospital. although, despite her words, she wasn't really angry. deep down she was grateful she had good friends who would do anything to help and care for her. she needed them and their comfort right now.

georgie looked terrible. she hadn't gad a real night of sleep for almost three days. you could obviously tell, too. her hair was tangled and frizzy, she reeked of hospital and sweat and her red, tired eyes perfectly summed up the look.
her eyes could barely stay open, as she was afraid if she dozed off to sleep, she'd miss the doctors sharing some important news about her dear brother.

tom didn't respond to georgia's scolds, he knew she was tired and confused and upset, arguing was not a good idea. the only thing he did was embrace the exhausted girl into a warm hug. she stood there for a moment before accepting his hug and breaking down into tears which turned into sobs.

georgia hadn't cried the whole time she was in new york. she felt as if she needed to be strong for her parents, plaster on a brave face. let everyone know she was okay, that she was strong. so she took those feelings and bottled them up. the sad, the angry, the confused, the anxiety, the loneliness, and threw it in the corner to be opened another day.

the three sat down in the almost silent waiting room on the bland cushiony chairs, the same chairs georgia had sat in for the past 48 hours. in the same room she had wished she was home, in la with her friends.

she wished for her bed, and her room and her house. a place where she felt truly safe. here, georgia felt unsure. unsure of what the future holds. her stomach constantly felt queasy, as if she could vomit at any moment. she felt nervous, her hands were clammy, and her heart was thumping so loud, it was the only thing she could hear. but when tom and maisy showed up, suddenly everything almost felt okay. georgia felt at ease almost, like there was something telling her it would be okay as long and they're here. she felt at home.

not long after sitting down, georgia laid her head down on tom's shoulder and dozed off to sleep. something she hadn't done for a while.

"vega?," a voice boomed making georgia jolt awake. she quickly stood up and turned in the direction the voice had come from. "vega?" the nurse asked again for confirmation.

"i'm georgia vega. i'm his sister." georgia could feel her heart pounding in her chest, going a million miles per hour. she could barely hear the words coming out of the nurse's mouth. this was the moment she had waited for the past two days.

"we have some good news and some bad news." the nurse paused. georgia's breath caught in her throat. this situation seemed straight out of a movie. the doctor always said something like that. there always had to be good news and the bad news. it's didn't feel real. georgia reached for something to hold onto, something to steady her. tom's hand.