Chapter 11: Kit

We were all sitting at the edge of our seats, waiting for him to start.

"I had no idea that Moowan had a boyfriend. Even then... I shouldn't have kissed a girl I wasn't prepared to date. I am very sorry for any pain that I have caused you. It wasn't my intention to hurt anyone."

"I understand if you don't believe me. I deserved everything you dealt me," Pha said, waiting for Ming's response.

I look to my side and Ming seems to be contemplating whether to forgive him or not.

Will he forgive him? I really don't like how this turned out. If they hate each other... How will I ever be able to reconnect with Ming. Well if he wants to leave, and not look back I wouldn't blame him. I just want to be able to tell him... After all these years... Then he is free to go.... But will that be enough for me? Will I be able to let him go after?

Ming looks over at me. His face softens for a moment. He closes his eyes, then turns back to look at Pha.

"You aren't dating Moowan?" He asks, it looks difficult for him to get out.

"That means you are a player. You played with her heart, and she played with mine. Haha how ironic?"

He is speaking sarcastically yet I still hear mourning in his voice.

Does it still hurt talking about her? Did you love her that much? Yo said they dated for a year. I have never been with anyone that long. How would that feel? Urghhh... it makes me so mad. Seeing him like this.   

Ming jerks his head in my direction. His eyes open wide at me.

Why?

He stares down at our hands, which I subconsciously was gripping his in a tightly hold. I let go super-fast. Turning away from him. I feel a flush rush to my face.

What did you do that for Kit?! Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

"I forgive you," Ming says.  I look back at him in disbelief. "I think I have done enough damage to your face as it is... That doesn't mean I particularly like you either... but-" He looks me directly in the eyes. "You are important to P'Kat," he gives me a soft smile. I feel my stomach twist. "I guess I'll just have to deal with you... only if P'Kat agrees never to ignore me again, that is." He gives me a wink.

Amazing. Why are you so...

"I understand. Thank you." I could tell Pha looks relived.  Though you wouldn't be able to tell unless you knew him. Always the cool act...

"Enough! I'm starving... I'm disappointed now that I think about it, I don't see any octopus."

"Jerk! You know I hate octopus. Why would you ask P'Kit to make such a thing." Yo yells from the other side of the table.

"Aww you ruined my plan by coming early... I guess that's ok. I still get to eat the food P' made. Make me some will you na na?" he asks me with a pouty face. "I actually really like it."

"Gezzeess Ming, you are unbelievable. I don't even know how to make octopus. Do you know how much stress you have caused me? You want octopus you make it!"

"Nope, won't be the same. Will you make it for me. Please?"

Why do I always end up giving in to this dork.

"Fine. Fine. I'll do it. Just eat what I made for today. I'm not about to make it now, the food is cold enough as is."

"Really?! You will! Yess! That means there will be a next time."

He shouts and starts digging in to the food. As soon as he takes one bite, he smiles at me. "This is really good. I didn't think it would be this delicious P'."