Regaining Her Memories; 14

Autumn's Point Of View:

What was going on? Why was he making that up?

Or is he..? I- I don't know.

My phone rang loudly after a long moment of silence. I jumped and quickly pulled my phone from my back pocket.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" Summer questioned.

"I'm at the dorm, I'll be there soon."

"Oh I just wanted you to go spend time with Xavier, so I could spend time with Dylan." She giggled.

I shook my head and laughed quietly into the phone.

"Is everything okay?" Summer asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Uh yeah everythings fine." I replied too quickly.

"Something's wrong. I'm coming to the dorm." I heard Summer struggle out of bed, I heard Dylan's voice in the background.

"Where are you going?" I heard him say.

I heard her mumble, "Going to Autumn."

I shouted into the phone. "NO STAY. You need to relax and lay down, I'll be over soon."

Before she could reply I hung up. I quickly walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Wow I  looked like complete crap.

My hair was a mess, my makeup was smeared and my eyes were kind of red. 

 I quickly hopped into the shower and freshened myself up. I blow-dried and brushed my lilac hair. Then straightened it quickly. I applied my makeup, not too much but enough to  look decent. I wore my tank top that read the words, "Stay postive" , a pair of black skinny jeans that were ripped at the knees, and my complete black converse. I sprayed my axe on my outfit then grabbed my backpack. I wasn't planning on coming back to this dorm till tomorrow. Today's classes ended anyways. 

I looked around and grabbed Summer's phone and purse then left the dorm room. I stopped by each of our classes to grab this entire weeks assignment. We always do this weeks assignment all in one day so we didn't deal with it later. I have no idea why, it's just a habit. After I grabbed our books and assignments, I jogged quickly over to the parking lot and placed my shit in the car. I wasn't planning on carrying 8 text books books, 4 workbooks and 30 assignments. That shits heavy. I also went to each classroom to let me have next weeks assignments so I can turn them in every friday. it was almost like independent school. People have choices, you can either be taught or teach yourself. Me and Summer do half and half. Half the assignments independently, and other the other half at school.

After I closed my car door, I walked back onto campus and found my way towards the infirmary.

Summer's Point of View:

Feeling nervous, I sat in bed biting my nails.

What's wrong with Autumn? What happened.

Did she find out? This is bad. Really bad. 

Dylan sat down on the edge of the bed and looked at me concerned.

He placed his hand gently on mine and put my hand away from my face.

"Don't bite your nails." 

A few minutes later the door opened and Autumn walked in.

Dylan's point of view:

I sat there patiently with Summer.

Autumn's adopted? No wonder she looks nothing like her parents. She's so different. Wow, I never knew.

I looked at her and placed my hand over hers and placed her hand down to keep her from biting her nails.  

"Don't bite your nails." I smiled.

She nodded her head, and Autumn suddenly walked in.

Autumn's Point of View:

"Sorry I took awhile, I felt like crap and needed to shower." I grabbed a chair and sat by Summer's bed. I shook my foot nervously.

"What happened? Where's Xavier?" Summer looked back from me to Dylan.

"He's in his dorm, Dylan, I think you might need to see him... He's a bit emotional at the moment." I looked at Dylan.

He nodded his head, then looked at Summer. He slowly stood up and left the room.

Summer looked at me and tilted her head to the side. "What happened?"

 "I don't know, I'm.. I'm so confused. I don't remember anything past last year."

"With what? Talk to me." Summer smiled, then reached over and poked my nose.

"Well.. I think Xavier's lying to me.. I don't know. He made up stories and, I don't know."

"Stories? What do you mean?" Summer's eyes widened.

"He said that I used to be his childhood love.."

Summer's Point of View:

I stared at her.

So that's who she was with when she was little! I didn't even recognize him! 

I nodded my head and replied. "Continue.."

"He said that we used to be so close at school." Autumn looked down at her feet, her knees still crushing against her chest. He cheek was rested on her knee.

"Hmm... what else did he say?" I stared at her.

"He said that he has a different mom then Dylan and Arianna. He was with his abusive mother until his dad took full custody of him.." Her voice broke for a bit. 

I leaned over and hugged her quietly.

"I don't know, he doesn't understand why, how I forgot everything. How I forgot about him apparently.. How come, how come I don't remember...?" She sighed once more, then shook her head back and forth constantly.

Should I tell her? But Mom and Dad said I shouldn't. We have to wait until she's eighteen. 

I can't tell her what happened before she met Brandon. I can't tell her she's adopted! I can't tell her that she was in an accident and mom and dad wanted to wipe her memory clean of her past. I don't know what to do.

But I... I can't, hide this. I won't tell her she's adopted. But I will tell her what happened.

"Autumn, I have something to tell you." I said slowly.

She looked at me in the eyes. "Yes..?"

I took a deep breath, She needs to know.

"Before you turned 15, you got into a car accident. You were in a coma for weeks, and you, you lost all of your memory from the past.. We thought you were dead."

"What." Autumn's voice was almost inaudible.