Chapter 2 - 238857 miles

How was I supposed to tell everyone that I will be leaving in two weeks? I looked at my friends, and all I wanted to do was cry.

But I had to tell them one day.

Like it's not like they are going to be like; oh yeah. Maddie just disappeared.

I sighed and looked down, I still didn't know how to tell my friends.

I looked back up at them, all of them 'crowded' around me. Nicole, George and some other friends that would probably forget me after a week. Though, I wouldn't forget them because one time they shared food with me. And if you want to win my heart; bring me food.

"Are you going to tell us, Maddie?" Nicole asked a little impatient. I nodded and bit my lip hesitant. "Well?" she gave as answer to my little nod and lipbite. I sighed again and fiddled with my fingers "My mom and dad got promoted in their work" I started. That's what my parents told me first. I looked at the faces around me, they were confused yet happy I guess. "But?" Nicole adds, she knew there was something going on. Nicole knows everything. Well not everything, because she fails in almost every class at school. But she has knowledge about people and their feelings. "They- no, we have to move to Australia" I quickly said and bit my lip, looking down. The point is, I cry like really fast. When I'm mad, sad, happy or just out of nowhere.

I didn't want to hear their reaction to be honest. I wanted to leave. No, I wanted to stay here, in Jersey. But I couldn't. Stupid job. Why Australia? Why not just somewhere in England. Or Europe. No. To the other side of the world because why the fuck not.

"But does that company even have stores in Australia? I thought it was only in Europe?" George spoke in a soft voice that seemed a little raspy. I looked up and everybody had a face like 'I feel sorry for you but I don't know what to say'. "They are going to open their first shops in Australia." I told them and then walked inside the starbucks since I wasn't in the mood to explain everything. But then some certain hand grabbed my shoulder gently. "I'll get you some coffee" and by now I knew it was George. I nodded and decided to wait on the edge of the fountain.

Yes, there is a huge fountain in this mall but it only worked if you payed for it. Or if there is something special going on in the mall. However, you could sit on the edge of the fountain, it was like our place to hang out. I looked up and noticed Nicole walking over spreading her arms for a hug as she came closer to me. A small smile appeared on my face and I stood up wrapping my arms around her firmly. "Gonna miss you maddie" she whispered. "You too Nicky" I answered. Nicky is Nicoles nickname. I thought this would be like a really emotional hug and everything. But knowing Nicky, it would end really weird. And it did because she chuckled. I furrowed my eyebrows as I pulled back from the hug and looked at her. "What?" I asked and couldn't help but let out a small giggle at her chuckle. Nicole's chuckle could make everybody's day good. "What if you get like this weird Australian accent?" Nicole answered and then began to laugh "No, no no! You have to get a boyfriend with an accent. That'd be nice!" she answered trough her laugh.

I didn't really get why it was so funny. But oh well.

When I wanted to sit down again on the edge of the fountain, a cup of starbucks was basically pressed into my face. I rolled my eyes and smiled softly. "Thanks baby" I told George and grabbed the cup, taking a sip of my frappe. "Babe" George whined and I looked at him, he was pouting. Once again, I furrowed my eyebrows. God, furrowing your eyebrows isn't good, it'll give you wrinkles. "Look at the cup" George said and pointed at the cup I was holding.

Oh, there it was; my cup said- Instead of just my name; '238857 miles'

Right.

My new name was 238857 Miles

And if it couldn't get more weird George told me "I love you 238857 Miles"

Right.

"Yeah, I love you too George" I told him and took a sip of my coffee.

"Don't you want to know why 238857 miles?" He asked and tilted his head to the side curiously. I just shook my head "No, school is out, no more maths for me" I simply told him and took another sip of my drink. I heard a sigh coming from George's mouth, he looked quite dissapointed. I groaned "right, tell me" I said as I finally gave up.

" 238857 Miles is the distance to the moon and back "

Honestly, this was cheesy as shit.

But I am glad he didn't say "To the moon and back" straight away.

I smiled happily and wrapped my arms around him happily and quickly pecked his lips, not wanting to look too clingy near my friend.

"But Maddie, I think we need to talk soon yeah..?" he then spoke.

yup, he was going to break up with me.

"We can after our coffee's are finished" I told him

And I never drank a coffee this slow,

ever

in my life.

Hi loves,

enjoying so far?

Let me know by a vote, comment

Or just keep reading!

I am trying my best to make this book interessting really hahah

Few chapters till Calum get's in the story.

Probably 2 chapters, but hey.