Chapter 11: Truths

Noire's P.O.V (Forgotten City)

Y/N is slowly breathing. I'm useless. All I'm doing now is just crying at his near death body. It was not long before his breathing stopped.

Noire: <sob> Please... don't... go...

I placed my head on his chest. His heartbeat is slowly fading. I can't believe this is how my adventure with Y/N will end.

Shadow: It's not over yet.

I heard an unknowns voice. I didn't bother getting into a stance but I did look at the source of the sound.

Shadow: Goddess of Lastation, or Lady Noire, his life can still be saved.

Noire: Really?! Don't just stand there, hurry up and spill it!

Shadow: Now I see how important he is to you. This herb should do the trick but it won't be enough.

Noire: What am I suppose to do?

Shadow: Currently, Y/N can't swallow the herb. So I'm asking you whether you're willing to do mouth to mouth with him.

I blushed a bit. That would mean kissing Y/N... but I didn't think long.

Noire: I-I'll do it.

Shadow: Very well. Take this. Make sure to chew it before giving it to Y/N. It's lightly bitter but I'm pretty sure you can handle it. After that, breathe in air for Y/N. Something like CPR.

He gave me the herb, it was 2 small mint-like leaves. I lifted Y/N's head and placed the leaves in my mouth and started chewing it. It was exactly as he said, slightly bitter. Like the bitter from a dark chocolate. I opened Y/N's mouth a bit and placed my lips onto his.

The sensation was warm. I felt a little pleasure, even the bitterness of the herb was nowhere to be felt. Maybe because I'm doing it with the person I love. Yes, I finally understand what love is. It's thanks to Y/N I've realised this. So I won't let him go. I parted the kiss with a bit of saliva coming out. I did the next step which is passing air to Y/N. I kept on doing it until I felt Y/N coughing.

Noire: Y/N!

Shadow: Let him rest. It will be some time before he's awake.

I saw him touching the swords surrounding Y/N. He also looked like he was about to disappear.

Shadow: Ah... I can't believe someone who fell from the sky would be able to maximise my creation. Lady Noire... may I ask you to look after him?

Noire: You don't even need to ask.

Even through his collar, I could tell he was smiling. He disappeared into particles. Maybe he was a ghost?

Y/N: Urgh...

I could feel Y/N twitching. I immediately looked on my lap and saw his eyes opening.

Y/N: W-Where... am I?

I didn't reply back. I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

Y/N: Noire? Good morning... or is it night? I can't tell...

Noire: <sniffle> Baka... you truly are a baka... <sniffle> you know that..?

Y/N: You're still going to call me that? Oh well, I guess I deserve it.

Noire: You don't know how worried I was... I thought you died. If you were to die...

Y/N: Ehehe, sorry Noire. I'll try to make it up to you.

Noire:<whisper> Kiss...

Y/N: Eh?

Noire: I-If you really want to make it up. T-Then kiss me...